For a 3rd year in a row, Aspirus has been recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
Vice President " Finance
Aspirus Divine Savior Healthcare & Southern Region
The VP - Finance is responsible for translating system objectives to local strategies in collaboration with the regional senior leadership team. The individual will be responsible for facilitating financial and strategic success within the region while working collaboratively with local operational leadership and the corporate team to ensure the effective operation of financial affairs. The VP - Finance will supervise the finance department.
The following requirements are qualifications for the successful candidate:
* Knowledge of administrative practices and procedures normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance is required. Master of Business Health Administration or Health Administration and/or CPA Certification preferred.
* Three or more years of relevant healthcare financial management experience required.
* Two years' experience in rural healthcare setting preferred.
* Knowledge of hospital management and policy administration, as well as development and implementation of budgets, financial strategies, and standards Strong analytical capabilities.
* Assures a work climate of collaboration, creativity, innovation, and accomplishment for system-wide objectives
* Sound judgment
* Refined ability to communicate verbally and in writing
* Ability to create a work climate of collaboration and community
* Thorough understanding of regulatory and accreditation standards
* Superior ability to lead, facilitate, coach, mentor, and manage
* Refined ability to plan and manage effectively in highly complex and variable conditions
* Ability to maintain productivity and resources within established goals
* Represents the organization in the community on a broad variety of matters. Demonstrates a willingness to actively participate in the community.
Aspirus is a non-profit, community-directed health system based in Wausau, Wisconsin. With approximately 9,000 employees, serving communities throughout northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the western Upper Peninsula of Michigan, our integrated system includes five hospitals in Wisconsin and four in Michigan with more than 60 clinics.
Aspirus Divine Savior Healthcare's long history began in 1916 when they were created by the Sisters of the Divine Savior. The group consists of a hospital, residential facility (Tivoli) and clinics (in Portage, Pardeeville and Oxford).
Portage, Wisconsin is your classic small town Wisconsin community. We offer affordable rural living with close proximity to the greater Madison area. Residents get to enjoy the great outdoors in a community surrounded by lakes, rivers, parks, campgrounds, ski hills and more. This natural backdrop provides activities such as fishing, hiking, hunting, skiing, etc. You will get to enjoy "the best of both worlds" with small town appeal without sacrificing convenience. We are located next to three major interstates and are only 30 minutes from Madison and 15 minutes from Wisconsin Dells.