Aspirus Wausau Hospital Inc
Work Hours: 3 p.m. " 11 p.m., weekend & holiday rotation
For a 3rd year in a row, Aspirus has been recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a Telecommunications Specialist in Wausau, WI at Aspirus Wausau Hospital. This individual effectively operates and routes traffic on various communications systems including telephone, radio paging, public address paging and operator workstations. Keeps information current and performs system backups. Their constant interaction with the public requires a professional, helpful and courteous attitude and the ability to maintain confidentiality at all times. The interdependency between them mandates an attitude of support and teamwork, and the unique situations presented to them requires clear, objective thinking and self-empowerment.
- Knowledge of switchboard and communication practices normally acquired through demonstrated ability to read, write, remember and follow verbal or written instructions.
- A high school diploma and previous switchboard or information systems experience beneficial.
- Possesses an excellent working knowledge of computer operations and typing skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively with all types of individuals with various educational and cultural backgrounds including patients, staff and the general public.
- Possesses ability to function under pressure and establish priorities.
Hours: Supplemental, 16 hours per pay period. 2nd shift: 3 p.m. " 11 p.m., weekend & holiday rotation.
As an Aspirus team, we demonstrate caring, we plan to impact the future, work with happiness and enthusiasm, recognize our power to make a difference and improve the health of our communities.
Aspirus Wausau Hospital is the flagship of the Aspirus system that serves patients in 14 counties across northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. It is a licensed private/not-for-profit facility with 325 beds and staffed by 350 physicians in 35 specialties. Aspirus Wausau Hospital is a Level II trauma center that provides primary, secondary and tertiary care services as a regional referral center. Specialty referral service emphasis exists in cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery, orthopedics and cancer. The hospital has an average daily inpatient census of 160 with approximately 15,000 admissions per year. Outpatient visits exceed 50,000 and there are also more than 24,000 annual emergency department visits.
Best known for its world-class cardiovascular program, Aspirus Wausau Hospital also provides leading edge cancer, trauma, women's health, and spine and neurological care.
Click on the following links: Learn more about Wausau click here: Wausau, Wisconsin