SVP & SYSTEM CHIEF NURSING OFFICER
For a 3rd year in a row, Aspirus has been recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a Senior Vice President of Nursing and System Chief Nursing Officer with Aspirus, Inc. in Wausau, WI. The System CNO is responsible for the development and oversight of high quality, cost effective integrated nursing programs. This individual is also responsible for:
- Provides administrative guidance and support for the definition of objectives among all Aspirus entities and works to establish the necessary operational interaction.
- In cooperation with the CEO and Senior Vice President of Finance, directs the preparation and development of operating and capital budgets; exercises overall budget control; presents and interprets the programs and budgets to the CEO and to the Board of Directors for approval.
- In cooperation with the Vice President of Quality, ensures the development of and maintenance of hospital wide programs for quality improvement, disaster planning, safety and achieving accreditation and licensure standards.
- Provides vision for nursing practices and leads the nursing strategic planning process.
- Maintains and promotes a clear view of the objectives and mission of Aspirus while advancing the mission and strength of Aspirus as an integrated system of health services.
- Coaches, mentors, advises, develops and supports his/her direct management reports, other nursing leaders, councils, work groups and committees.
- Assigns and ensures evidence-based practices, patient care, standards, and policies and procedures to the Nursing Practice Council.
- Appoints and approves the selection of Department Directors; evaluates performance, and reviews performance evaluations, as appropriate, prepared by them.
- Represents Administration on various Board of Directors committees, medical staff committees, and at other meetings as requested by the CEO. At the request of the CEO represents the hospital before governmental agencies and other organizations; participates in professional organizations and related activities to assure contemporary practices in medical care and hospital management.
- Knowledge of hospital management and policy administration, as well as development and implementation of budgets, strategies and standards normally acquired through completion of an advanced degree in Nursing, Hospital Administration/Business Administration, or related health field required. If advanced degree is not in Nursing, a BSN is required.
- Ten (10) or more years’ progressive responsibility in a management or administrative position with experience in multiple hospital environments necessary to develop the skills needed for this position.
- Three years’ assigned responsibility for clinical departments, as well as familiarity with program management, clinical outreach and total quality management beneficial.
- Demonstrated experience in a Magnet hospital as well as experience with shared governance/collaboration practice preferred.
- Possesses an active Wisconsin or Michigan Registered Nurse license or compact license.
Hours: Monday – Friday, normal business hours
Full-Time Benefits Package available
Aspirus Wausau Hospital is the flagship of the Aspirus system that serves patients in 14 counties across northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. It is a licensed private/not-for-profit facility with 325 beds and staffed by 350 physicians in 35 specialties. Aspirus Wausau Hospital is a Level II trauma center that provides primary, secondary and tertiary care services as a regional referral center. Specialty referral service emphasis exists in cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery, orthopedics and cancer. The hospital has an average daily inpatient census of 160 with approximately 15,000 admissions per year. Outpatient visits exceed 50,000 and there are also more than 24,000 annual emergency department visits.
Best known for its world-class cardiovascular program, Aspirus Wausau Hospital also provides leading edge cancer, trauma, women’s health, and spine and neurological care.
As an Aspirus team, we demonstrate caring, we plan to impact the future, work with happiness and enthusiasm, recognize our power to make a difference and improve the health of our communities.
To learn more about Wausau click here: Wausau, Wisconsin
We are partnering with Furst Group on this search. If you are interested, please send your resume and cover letter to Kevin Reddy at email@example.com