Aspirus Wausau Hospital Inc
For a 3rd year in a row, Aspirus has been recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a SPEECH THERAPIST in Wausau, Wisconsin at Aspirus Wausau Hospital who provides diagnosis and treatment for patients of all ages with communicative, cognitive and dysphagia disorders.
- Knowledge of speech therapy standards and practices normally acquired through a minimum completion of a master's degree in Speech/Language Pathology.
- A minor in psychology, special education, learning disabilities and/or general science beneficial.
- Previous work experience in a clinical or hospital setting with a caseload predominantly of adult neurologically impaired patients.
- Two to five years' experience in an acute care hospital beneficial.
- Current Wisconsin and/or Michigan Speech-Language Pathology licensure required.
- Current BLS certification or obtained within 90 days of hire.
- Accreditation in area of specialty beneficial.
- Cognitive requirements including a high level of problem solving, reasoning and organization skills, along with excellent reception and expressive skills necessary.
Hours: Full time, 64 hours every 2 weeks, Monday - Friday 8:30am - 3:30pm , 1 weekend a month and 1-2 holidays per year.
Aspirus Wausau Hospital is the flagship of the Aspirus system that serves patients in 14 counties across northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. It is a licensed private/not-for-profit facility with 325 beds and staffed by 350 physicians in 35 specialties. Aspirus Wausau Hospital is a Level II trauma center that provides primary, secondary and tertiary care services as a regional referral center. Specialty referral service emphasis exists in cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery, orthopedics and cancer. The hospital has an average daily inpatient census of 160 with approximately 15,000 admissions per year. Outpatient visits exceed 50,000 and there are also more than 24,000 annual emergency department visits.
Best known for its world-class cardiovascular program, Aspirus Wausau Hospital also provides leading edge cancer, trauma, women's health, and spine and neurological care.
As an Aspirus team, we demonstrate caring, we plan to impact the future, work with happiness and enthusiasm, recognize our power to make a difference and improve the health of our communities.
Click on the following links: Learn more about Wausau click here: Wausau, Wisconsin