Work Hours: 0
For a 3rd year in a row, Aspirus has been recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a SOCIAL WORKER in Wausau, WI at Aspirus Wausau Hospital who is responsible for assessing and triaging discharge planning needs and coordinating community resources with patients and their families/legal representatives. As a member of the multidisciplinary team, individual works closely with physicians, financial staff, and ancillary staff to facilitate those functions associated with arranging care and providing referrals. The Social Worker will attempt to resolve social and environmental difficulties interfering with the patients' ability to maximally manage their medical care and overall quality of life. Significant independent judgment, analytical, problem solving, collaborative skills in order to organize and prioritize multiple tasks to provide patient centered leadership and direction.
- Knowledge of social work theories, therapies, and techniques of casework processes, and principles of public welfare at a level normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Social Work or related field. Coursework in Medical Social Work preferred.
- Approximately 6 months to one year of on the job experience necessary in order to gain full knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations related to discharge planning and knowledge of health and welfare resources and facilities.
- Exhibits strong human relation skills for interacting with patients, patient's family members, physicians, personnel, community agencies, and other resources.
- Displays analytical skills in order to assess patients' needs, develop associated discharge planning, and provide sound recommendations and guidance. Displays ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail when interviewing patients & preparing discharge plans.
- Possesses planning and organizational skills and expert skills in prioritization.
- Understands the nature of social diversity and oppression with respect to race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, political belief, religion, immigration status, and mental or physical disability.
- Possesses current Wisconsin Certified Social Worker license.
Hours:Occasional hours as needed
Aspirus Wausau Hospital is the flagship of the Aspirus system that serves patients in 14 counties across northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. It is a licensed private/not-for-profit facility with 325 beds and staffed by 350 physicians in 35 specialties. Aspirus Wausau Hospital is a Level II trauma center that provides primary, secondary and tertiary care services as a regional referral center. Specialty referral service emphasis exists in cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery, orthopedics and cancer. The hospital has an average daily inpatient census of 160 with approximately 15,000 admissions per year. Outpatient visits exceed 50,000 and there are also more than 24,000 annual emergency department visits.
Best known for its world-class cardiovascular program, Aspirus Wausau Hospital also provides leading edge cancer, trauma, women's health, and spine and neurological care
As an Aspirus team, we demonstrate caring, we plan to impact the future, work with happiness and enthusiasm, recognize our power to make a difference and improve the health of our communities.
Click on the following links: Learn more about Wausau click here: Wausau, Wisconsin