SOCIAL WORKER - MSW
Aspirus Wausau Hospital Inc
000410-HOSPICE - HOMECARE
Work Hours: Monday - Friday 8am - 4:30pm, Rotating call pm and wknd
For a 3rd year in a row, Aspirus has been recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a Social Worker with Aspirus Hospice and Homecare in Wausau, WI. The Social Worker will be responsible for assisting families in coping with concerns related to the end of life. This role works with patients and families to obtain psychosocial history, assists patients in resolving environmental difficulties interfering with attainment of maximum quality of life and conducts routine discharge planning. Directs patients to designated community agencies or resources, as necessary.
- Knowledge of social work theories, therapies and techniques of casework processes, and principles of public welfare at a level normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's Degree in Social Work from a social work curriculum accredited school or approved by the Council on Social Work Education.
- MSW or a BSW/or related field with a minimum of one year medical social work experience.
- An academic concentration regarding psychosocial aspects of terminal illness and bereavement, and education in death, dying, grief and loss beneficial.
- Previous professional experience working with Hospice, and in medical and home settings beneficial.
- Drives motorized vehicle throughout service area on a regular basis.
- Possesses and maintains a valid Wisconsin Driver's License required.
- Possesses automobile liability insurance with minimum $100,000/$300,000 coverage required.
Hours: Monday " Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm, call for off hours including pm and Weekend rotating with team. 1-2 holiday rotation required
Full-Time Benefits Package available
Aspirus Wausau Hospital is the flagship of the Aspirus system that serves patients in 14 counties across northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. It is a licensed private/not-for-profit facility with 325 beds and staffed by 350 physicians in 35 specialties. Aspirus Wausau Hospital is a Level II trauma center that provides primary, secondary and tertiary care services as a regional referral center. Specialty referral service emphasis exists in cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery, orthopedics and cancer. The hospital has an average daily inpatient census of 160 with approximately 15,000 admissions per year. Outpatient visits exceed 50,000 and there are also more than 24,000 annual emergency department visits.
Best known for its world-class cardiovascular program, Aspirus Wausau Hospital also provides leading edge cancer, trauma, women's health, and spine and neurological care.
As an Aspirus team, we demonstrate caring, we plan to impact the future, work with happiness and enthusiasm, recognize our power to make a difference and improve the health of our communities.