SOCIAL WORKER - HOURLY
For a 3rd year in a row, Aspirus has been recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a SOCIAL WORKER in Wisconsin Rapids, WI at Aspirus Riverview Hospital who is responsible for assessing and triaging discharge planning needs and coordinating community resources with patients and their families/legal representatives. As a member of the multidisciplinary team, individual works closely with physicians, financial staff, and ancillary staff to facilitate those functions associated with arranging care and providing referrals. The Social Worker will attempt to resolve social and environmental difficulties interfering with the patients' ability to maximally manage their medical care and overall quality of life. Significant independent judgment, analytical, problem solving, collaborative skills in order to organize and prioritize multiple tasks to provide patient centered leadership and direction.
- Knowledge of social work theories, therapies, and techniques of casework processes, and principles of public welfare at a level normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Social Work or related field. Coursework in Medical Social Work preferred.
- Approximately 6 months to one year of on the job experience necessary in order to gain full knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations related to discharge planning and knowledge of health and welfare resources and facilities.
- Possesses current Wisconsin Certified Social Worker license.
- Exhibits strong human relation skills for interacting with patients, patient's family members, physicians, personnel, community agencies, and other resources.
- Displays analytical skills in order to assess patients' needs, develop associated discharge planning, and provide sound recommendations and guidance. Displays ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail when interviewing patients & preparing discharge plans.
- Possesses planning and organizational skills and expert skills in prioritization.
- Understands the nature of social diversity and oppression with respect to race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, political belief, religion, immigration status, and mental or physical disability.
Hours: Occasional hours, rotating every 4th weekend
Aspirus Riverview Hospital & Clinics is a non-profit, community-directed health care organization based in Wisconsin Rapids. It includes Aspirus Riverview Hospital, Aspirus Doctors Clinic & Walk-In Care, Aspirus Riverview Clinics in Wisconsin Rapids, Nekoosa and Rome, Aspirus Heart & Vascular, Aspirus UW Cancer Center, Aspirus Riverview Wound & Hyperbarics, Aspirus Riverview Joint Center, Aspirus Riverview Therapies and Aspirus Riverview Dental.The emergency department is a Level III Trauma Center. It has been named one of the Top 100 Rural & Community Hospitals in the United States by The Chartis Center for Rural Health four consecutive years.
As an Aspirus team, we demonstrate caring, we plan to impact the future, work with happiness and enthusiasm, recognize our power to make a difference and improve the health of our communities.
Click on the following links: Learn more about Wisconsin Rapids click here: Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin