POSITION SUMMARY: Coordinates social services and care planning in conjunction with physician and multidisciplinary team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Interviews resident and family to obtain relevant medical information. Assesses and documents medical condition, psychosocial concerns, home environment; collaborates with multidisciplinary team to develop a care plan.
- Assists residents and family in coping skills and provide emotional support as needed.
- Acts as a liaison between medical and nursing staffs, residents, families, and appropriate outside agencies.
- Documents in the medical record, identified problems and the plan of care.
- Acts as a direct resident advocate. Resolves an issues or concerns that may arise during a resident's stay.
- Assists residents, families, and staff with ethical dilemmas.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited Social Work program.
- Current Wisconsin license as a Social Worker.
- One-year related experience is preferred.
- Reports directly to the Social Services Director.
- Works closely with staff from all Tivoli departments to provide direct resident care.
- Extensive contact with residents and their families, visitors and public.
- Work is performed largely in a hospital and/or nursing home environment.
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
- Frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock.
- Occasionally works in outside weather conditions and occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of radiation.
- Occasionally exposed to hazardous material such as needle punctures, blood and body fluids.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Occasionally required to sit or climb.
- Required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of department supplies and equipment.
- Occasionally may need to move patients and/or equipment of more than 100 pounds.
- Requires specific vision abilities for far vision, near vision, depth perception, colors, accommodation and peripheral vision.
- Vision correctable to 20/40.
Acknowledgement: This job description/evaluation describes the general nature and level of work performed by an employee assigned to this position. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the job. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by the department manager or administration. All requirements are subject to change over time and to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.