Aspirus Wausau Hospital Inc
Work Hours: 1430-2300 & weekend/holiday rotation
For a 3rd year in a row, Aspirus has been recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a Security Officer in Wausau, WI at Aspirus Wausau Hospital to provide a safe environment for staff, patients and visitors. In this role you will assist with combative patients, visitors and staff, patrol facilities, grounds and parking lots to check for safety and security hazards, respond to emergency calls, provide walking escorts, provide access to locked buildings, assist motorists, secure trauma elevators and observe main entrances, exterior locations and parking lots with the use of computerized equipment and cameras.
- An Associate's or Technical School degree in Police Science or current student in Police Science of Security program is REQUIRED
- Security or Military experience/training or background is REQUIRED
- Possesses and maintains a valid Wisconsin Driver's License
- Must have the ability to be flexible in work hours including shift and days. May be required to work any shift or day, weekend, and holidays. May be required to work overtime without advance notice.
- Possesses ability to operate computerized equipment, two-way radio, and personal computer and related software.
- Possesses outstanding communication skills such as tact, diplomacy and de-escalation.
- Possesses and provides excellent customer service skills. Demonstrates self-restraint in challenging and/or difficult situations as well as maintains professional composure during emergency or in pressure circumstances.
- Must be able to work in inclement weather and in weather extremes.
Hours: Full-Tim, hours on 2nd shift, 1430-2300, weekend/holiday rotation. Benfits package available.
Aspirus Wausau Hospital is the flagship of the Aspirus system that serves patients in 14 counties across northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. It is a licensed private/not-for-profit facility with 325 beds and staffed by 350 physicians in 35 specialties. Aspirus Wausau Hospital is a Level II trauma center that provides primary, secondary and tertiary care services as a regional referral center. Specialty referral service emphasis exists in cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery, orthopedics and cancer. The hospital has an average daily inpatient census of 160 with approximately 15,000 admissions per year. Outpatient visits exceed 50,000 and there are also more than 24,000 annual emergency department visits.
Best known for its world-class cardiovascular program, Aspirus Wausau Hospital also provides leading edge cancer, trauma, women's health, and spine and neurological care
As an Aspirus team, we demonstrate caring, we plan to impact the future, work with happiness and enthusiasm, recognize our power to make a difference and improve the health of our communities.
To learn more about Wausau click here: Wausau, Wisconsin