RN INFECTION PREVENTIONIST
Aspirus Wausau Hospital Inc
For a 3rdyear in a row, Aspirus has been recognized as one of the top 15 Top HealthSystems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifyingthe top-performing health systems in the country based on overallorganizational performance.
We are seeking an INFECTION PREVENTIONISTin Wausau, WI at Aspirus Wausau Hospital who is responsiblefor surveillance, prevention and control of infections that could betransmitted in a healthcare setting as well as the prevention or minimizationof the risk of occupational exposure to employees. Recommends and administerscomprehensive infection prevention and control policies and procedures andmonitors the environment for potential risks. Collaborates with manager toensure infection prevention and control policies and procedures are compliantwith regulatory requirements and standards. Collects, aggregates and analyzesdata related to all aspects of infection prevention to afford opportunities toimprove clinical care and patient safety. Prepares reports detailing findingsand submits same to appropriate leadership.
This position will cover responsibilities at both hospital and clinic setting.
- Knowledgeof patient care standards and practices as they relate to infection preventionnormally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or anallied health profession.
- Aminimum of two years of experience working in an acute care hospital or publichealth agency.
- Previousexperience as a member of an Infection Prevention/Control program beneficial.
- Educationalor job-related experience providing a working knowledge of the basics ofinfection surveillance, prevention and control, as well as principles of epidemiology,infectious disease and patient care practice beneficial.
- If aRegistered Nurse, possesses an active Wisconsin RN license desired.
- Ifallied health profession, possesses appropriate accreditation (i.e., ASCP).
- Currentmembership in professional organizations beneficial.
- Possessesinterpersonal skills necessary in order to interact efficiently with all levelsof hospital personnel, conduct educational programs, and provide advice andcounsel regarding Infection Control program and policies.
- Demonstratesproficiency with use of a PC and utilization of automated hospital informationsystems and national databases. Possesses a broad-based knowledge andunderstanding of Quality/Performance Improvement philosophy and methodology,and application of such in the clinical setting.
- Ageneral understanding of regulatory agencies specific to healthcare operations,i.e., TJC, OSHA, CMS, and FDA, with application of risk management principles.
- Possessesa broad knowledge of medical and nursing patient care as well as medical recordmanagement.
Hours:Full time Benefit package available,40 hours per week, Monday " Friday between 7am " 5pm, Call schedulerotation to cover evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays
Aspirus WausauHospital is the flagship of the Aspirus system that serves patients in 14counties across northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the Upper Peninsulaof Michigan. It is a licensed private/not-for-profitfacility with 325 beds and staffed by 350 physicians in 35specialties. Aspirus Wausau Hospital isa Level II trauma center that provides primary, secondary and tertiary careservices as a regional referral center. Specialty referral service emphasisexists in cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery, orthopedics and cancer. Thehospital has an average daily inpatient census of 160 with approximately 15,000admissions per year. Outpatient visits exceed 50,000 and there are also morethan 24,000 annual emergency department visits.
Best known forits world-class cardiovascular program, Aspirus Wausau Hospital also providesleading edge cancer, trauma, women's health, and spine and neurological care
As an Aspirus team, we demonstrate caring, weplan to impact the future, work with happiness and enthusiasm, recognize ourpower to make a difference and improve the health of our communities.
Click on the followinglinks: Learnmore about Wausau click here: Wausau,Wisconsin