RN - CLINICAL EDUCATOR - MED SURG INTERMEDIATE CARE
Aspirus Wausau Hospital Inc
000107-MED SURG INTERMEDIATE CARE
Work Hours: every third weekend
Aspirus was recently recognized as one of the 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a Clinical Educator with the Med Surg Intermediate Care Unit at Aspirus Wausau Hospital in Wausau, WI. The Clinical Educator is a professional Registered Nurse who assumes responsibility for staff development in the department setting. The Clinical Educator works within the Professional Practice Model of Aspirus Wausau Hospital. The Professional Practice Model is supported by a set of values and beliefs that provide a context for the Clinical Educator's clinical practice and decision-making. This position routinely uses evidence-based practice and CQI principles in guiding education.
Responsibilities will include:
- Identifies opportunities to improve patient experience. Participates in projects/programs designed to enhance service delivery and patient satisfaction.
- Collects data using established assessment format.
- Assesses emotional needs and learning readiness to develop holistic plan of care.
- Conducts and documents total nursing assessment of the health status of patients by collecting and recording subjective and objective data.
- Plans for care through the existing episode of illness onto the next level of care to promote continuity of quality care and optimal outcome.
- Defines and alters protocols/procedures to meet care needs of individual patients.
- Knowledge of patient care standards and practices normally acquired through completion of Bachelor's Degree in Nursing program. Master's Degree and/or certification in specialty area beneficial.
- BSN required, or actively working towards degree to be obtained within 4 years of the hire date in that role.
- Current CPR certification or obtained within 90 days of hire.
- Possesses an active Wisconsin RN nursing license.
- Two years' experience in department/specialty necessary to enhance and develop skills, with previous experience in a supervisory, management, leadership or teaching capacity beneficial.