Aspirus Wausau Hospital Inc
For a 3rdyear in a row, Aspirus has been recognized as one of the top 15 Top HealthSystems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifyingthe top-performing health systems in the country based on overallorganizational performance.
We are seeking a RESPIRATORY THERAPISTin Wausau, WI at Aspirus Wausau Hospital who will provide quality cardiovascular diagnostic services to neonates,pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients, and is able to interpretpatient information and understand treatment needs depending on the age ofpatients under care.
- Performsstress tests: exercise, Stress Echo, Stress Dobutamine, nuclear, and Lexiscan.
- PerformsHolter monitoring, pacemaker, Methacholine Challenge testing, pulmonaryfunction, high altitude tests, 6 minute walks, Twave alternans, externalenhanced counter pulsation (EECP), ambulatory blood pressure monitors, andevent monitors as ordered by a credentialed physician.
- Performsall exams and/or tests in accordance with department policies and procedures.
- PerformsVMAX bike tests accompanied by CPL Tech II or another CardiopulmonaryRespiratory Therapist and Pulmonologist.
- Demonstratesflexibility and reflects the diversity and variety of the CPL Technician rolethat incorporates both behavior and technical components.
- Performsexams per structure, policy and procedure, and communicates those results tophysician in a professional manner.
- Maintainsdepartment specific accountabilities as determined, maintained, and housedwithin each unit's Scope of Service.
- An active Wisconsin Respiratory Care Practitioner licenserequired.
- Knowledgeof patient care standards and practices normally acquired through graduationfrom an AMA approved school of Respiratory Care with an Associate Degree.
- CurrentCPR certification or obtained within 90 days of hire.
- ACLS or acquired within one year of hire.
- RegisteredRRT by the National Board of Respiratory Care, or registry eligible andobtained within one year of hire required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Respiratory Care or Biological Sciencesbeneficial.
- Activemembership in the American Association for Respiratory Care beneficial.
Hours:Occasional status, varied shifts between 5am - 6pm Monday - Friday and between 5:30am - 2pm on weekends
Aspirus WausauHospital is the flagship of the Aspirus system that serves patients in 14counties across northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the Upper Peninsulaof Michigan. It is a licensed private/not-for-profitfacility with 325 beds and staffed by 350 physicians in 35specialties. Aspirus Wausau Hospital isa Level II trauma center that provides primary, secondary and tertiary careservices as a regional referral center. Specialty referral service emphasisexists in cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery, orthopedics and cancer. Thehospital has an average daily inpatient census of 160 with approximately 15,000admissions per year. Outpatient visits exceed 50,000 and there are also morethan 24,000 annual emergency department visits.
As an Aspirus team, we demonstrate caring, weplan to impact the future, work with happiness and enthusiasm, recognize ourpower to make a difference and improve the health of our communities.
Click on the following links: Learnmore about Wausau click here: Wausau,Wisconsin