Aspirus Keweenaw Hospital
For a 3rd year in a row,Aspirus has been recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in theUnited States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying thetop-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizationalperformance.
We are seeking a REGISTERED RESPIRATORYTHERAPIST in Laurium, Michigan to work at Aspirus Keweenaw Hospital. While specific tasksmay vary, general responsibilities include:
* Provides respiratoryand cardiopulmonary monitoring, diagnostics and therapy services under medicaldirection to patients in a variety of care environments.
* Assists in orientationtraining of hospital staff, students and the public regarding respiratory diseaseand care.
* Provides respiratorycare to patients of all ages, including neonates, pediatric, adolescent, adultand geriatric patients. Interpretspatient information and understands treatment needs depending on the age ofpatients under care.
* Whenever applicable,demonstrates understanding of the needs of specific age groups in terms oftheir physical and motor development, psychosocial development andintellectual/language development.
* Bachelor's Degree inRespiratory Care or Biological Sciences and one year of critical care experienceand experience in pulmonary function or cardiopulmonary lab beneficial.
* BLSand ACLS required; NRP and PALS preferred
* Michiganlicense to practice respiratory care and RRT certification required.
Hours: This position is occasional / as needed. Retirementplan available.
With 400 employees, Aspirus Keweenaw Hospital serves peoplethrough a 25-bed hospital, physician clinics, and rehab fitness centers.
This is one of four hospitals in the Upper Peninsula ofMichigan in the Aspirus family; joining Aspirus Ontonagon Hospital, Aspirus Ironwoodand Aspirus Iron River Hospital.
Aspirus Keweenaw Hospital is grounded in a strong traditionof community and patient-focused care. We are a continually evolving healthcare system, and will be the service area's first choice for hospital-relatedservices. We differentiate ourselves from other hospitals by continuallybuilding our service base and adding new services and technologies, consistentwith local population needs.
Although Aspirus Keweenaw has expanded its role over theyears, we continue to uphold the tradition of caring established more than acentury ago. The personal "small town" touch, along with the peopleof Aspirus Keweenaw who provide it, has endeared the facility to her patientsand made the hospital the heart of the community
Asan Aspirus team, we demonstrate caring, we plan to impact the future, work withhappiness and enthusiasm, recognize our power to make a difference and improvethe health of our communities.
Click here to learn more about the Keweenaw Peninsula