Aspirus Iron River Hospital
Iron River, MI
For a 3rd year in a row,Aspirus has been recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in theUnited States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying thetop-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizationalperformance.
Aspirus is currently seeking a RESPIRATORYTHERAPIST to work at Aspirus Iron River Hospital in Iron River,Michigan. Duties include:
* Provides respiratoryand cardiopulmonary monitoring, diagnostics and therapy services under medicaldirection to patients in a variety of care environments.
* Assists in orientationtraining of hospital staff, students and the public regarding respiratory diseaseand care.
* Provides respiratorycare to patients of all ages, including neonates, pediatric, adolescent, adultand geriatric patients. Interpretspatient information and understands treatment needs depending on the age ofpatients under care.
* Whenever applicable,demonstrates understanding of the needs of specific age groups in terms oftheir physical and motor development, psychosocial development andintellectual/language development.
* Knowledge of respiratory care standards andprotocols normally acquired through graduation from an AMA approved school ofRespiratory Care with an Associate Degree. A Bachelor's Degree in Respiratory Care or Biological Sciences and oneyear of critical care experience and experience in pulmonary function orcardiopulmonary lab beneficial.
* An active Michigan license to practicerespiratory care necessary.
* Neo-natal Resuscitation Program certification attime of hire or obtained within 6 months of employment.
* BLS, Pals and ACLS preferred
* Certified as a registered Respiratory Therapist(RRT)
Hours: This position is occasional / as needed.Retirement plan available.
Aspirus Iron River Hospital and Clinics isone of four hospitals in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan in the Aspirus family.
With 300+ employees, Aspirus Iron River Hospital andClinics serves people through a 25-bed hospital, physician clinics,dialysis center, rehab fitness centers, ambulance service, and home care andhospice. The outpatient part of this practice is located in a stand-aloneclinic. This allows the provider to work independently yet have the specialistsupport and financial security from the entire Aspirus health caresystem. The critical access hospital has an average daily census of 9-10patients.
The hospital and clinics provide numerous servicesand has up to date technology, including a 64 slice CT and a mobile MRI. Themedical staff includes family practitioners, internal medicine, generalsurgeons, orthopedic surgeons, radiologist, emergency medicine physicians,Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants. Visiting medical staffincludes ophthalmologist, oncologist, cardiologist, ENT, podiatrist, andnephrologist.
Click here to learn more about Iron River,Michigan