RESIDENT CARE AIDE
Aspirus Extended Services Inc
Work Hours: 2:30pm-10:30pm, EOW and EOH
For a 3rd year in a row, Aspirus has been recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a RESIDENT CARE AIDE at Aspirus Regency House located in Phillips, WI to provide personal care and companionship to our residents to maintain a level of independence consistent with their abilities. The following job responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Provides assistance to ensure a safe, home-like environment for residents by meeting resident's individual psycho-social, physical, medical, and dietary needs.
- Effectively carries out and follows the daily schedule for residents.
- Maintains confidentiality of all residents.
- Responds to emergency and/or life-threatening situations and provides assistance as needed.
- Assists in maintaining a safe, clean, and therapeutic environment for residents.
- Administers physician prescribed medications under the supervision of a Pharmacist or Registered Nurse (after completing medication administration course.)
- Performs simple nursing procedures consistent with training and experience i.e. taking temperature, blood pressure, weight, etc.
- Participates in providing therapeutic, physical and emotional care for residents.
- Knowledge of resident care principles and practices normally acquired through completion of a High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Possess CPR/Choking certification within 90 days of hire.
- Must complete Fire Safety and First Aide training within 90 days of employment
Hours: Supplemental; 0.2 FTE, every other weekend . Primarily PM shift.
The Aspirus healthcare system and service area extends from beautiful central and northern Wisconsin into the majestic lake shore regions of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We have 8 hospitals and over 55 primary care/specialty clinics.
This secure and nurturing home environment is near downtown Phillips, Wisconsin. Aspirus Regency House is a community-based residential facility (CBRF) located on the Aspirus Pleasant View campus. It provides a safe, secure and caring environment for people who can no longer live on their own, but still enjoy a moderate level of self-reliance and independence. The Regency House provides a full complement of assisted-living services.
As an Aspirus team, we demonstrate caring, we plan to impact the future, work with happiness and enthusiasm, recognize our power to make a difference and improve the health of our communities.