REGISTRATION COORDINATOR II
For a 3rd year in a row, Aspirus has been recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a Registration Coordinator II in Antigo, WI at Aspirus Langlade Hospital. The position will primarily be responsible for registering patients by phone and will include insurance verification, determining benefit eligibility and completing hospital admission functions.
- Knowledge of basic accounting, patient financial practices, and governmental and legal rules and regulations related to collection activities normally acquired through completion of a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Technical school or college majoring in some aspect of a health information program desired.
- Knowledge of medical terminology desired.
- One-year experience in social work, a public aid office, insurance, collections or finance background necessary.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a business office or healthcare setting required.
- Previous financial or medical insurance experience beneficial.
- Knowledge of medical office procedures and anatomy and physiology.
- Knowledge of financial counseling and insurance billing preferred.
- Knowledge of computer skills, chart heading machines and other information system equipment beneficial.
- Typing speed of 40 words per minute preferred.
- Attention to detail.
Hours: Full-time, 64 hours per pay period. Benefits package available.
As an Aspirus team, we demonstrate caring, we plan to impact the future, work with happiness and enthusiasm, recognize our power to make a difference and improve the health of our communities.
Aspirus Langlade Hospital is a 25-bed critical access hospital located in Antigo, Wisconsin. The hospital admits 1,300 inpatients annually with 62,000 outpatient visits each year. The Emergency Department has more than 12,000 patient visits each year. We average 180-200 births per year and perform 1,500 surgeries annually. The hospital holds The Joint Commission-National Quality Gold Seal Approval.
Click on the following links: Learn more about Antigo click here: Antigo, Wisconsin