Aspirus Wausau Hospital Inc000435-HOSPITAL CLINICAL RESOURCESWausau, WIOccasionalWork Hours: 12 hours shifts, 7-7 rotating days and nights Shifts: Day/Nights8/10/2020
Aspirus was recently recognized as one of the 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a Supervisor of Hospital at Aspirus Wausau Hospital in Wausau, WI. This position manages hospital operations in the absence of administration. It is accountable for the management of human resources, timely patient placement and assisting in the provision of education to meet patient/family needs.
Responsibilities will include:
- Identifies opportunities to improve patient experience. Participates in projects/programs designed to enhance service delivery and patient satisfaction.
- Participates in projects/programs designed to enhance service delivery and patient satisfaction.
- Participates in achieving divisional and departmental objectives.
- Ensures continuous quality improvement within area of responsibility as evidenced by staff understanding and engagement in the improvement process, achieving customer focus and improved patient satisfaction scores, and improving initiatives being made.
- Knowledge of patient care standards and practices normally acquired through completion of a nursing program. Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred.
- Current CPR certification or obtained within 90 days of hire.
- Possesses an active Wisconsin RN nursing license.
- Two years of experience as a staff nurse in an acute care facility and knowledge and expertise in area of application necessary to enhance and develop skills, with previous experience in the supervision of personnel, evaluation of the quality and appropriateness of nursing care, budget preparation and resource utilization beneficial. Membership in appropriate professional organizations beneficial.
Aspirus is a non-profit, community-directed health system based in Wausau, Wisconsin. With more than 7,600 employees, serving communities throughout northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the western Upper Peninsula of Michigan, our integrated system includes four hospitals in Wisconsin and four in Michigan with more than 55 clinics.
Wausau, Wisconsin is located in the lovely Wisconsin River valley at the center of the state. We have a metro area population of 80,000 with excellent schools, busy performing arts center, large private music conservatory, and visual arts center. Quiet residential neighborhoods surround Lake Wausau and overlook the Wisconsin River or have views of Rib Mountain State Park. We enjoy four seasons of recreation including all water sports, sailing, kayaking, mountain biking, hiking, soccer, down-hill and cross-country skiing. We are conveniently located three hours from Milwaukee and Minneapolis.