REGISTERED NURSE - SPECIALIST - CARDIOLOGY CLINIC - BONUS
Aspirus Clinics Inc
We are seeking a Registered Nurse –Electrophysiology (EP) Specialist with the Cardiology Clinic Wausau, WI. Aspirus Cardiology Clinic is looking for an experienced RN to join their specialty-care team! This nurse will assist patients in a variety of ways including pre-procedure work-ups, clinical support, telephone triage, patient education and coordination of care services. They will work with patients who have heart failure, coronary artery disease, valvular heart disease and cardiac arrhythmias by assisting the Electrophysiologists and Interventionalists with treatments. Some of these treatments include arrhythmia ablations, implantable devices such as pacemakers, implantable loop recorders, cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs), heart catheterization, TEE's, and Cardioversions. This position requires the ability to make decisions consistent with nursing practice, clinic policies and observance of confidentiality of patient information.
- Identifies opportunities to improve patient experience. Participates in projects/programs designed to enhance service delivery and patient satisfaction.
- Collects data using established assessment format.
- Assesses emotional needs and learning readiness to develop holistic plan of care.
- Conducts and documents total nursing assessment of the health status of patients by collecting and recording subjective and objective data.
- Plans for care through the existing episode of illness onto the next level of care to promote continuity of quality care and optimal outcome.
- Defines and alters protocols/procedures to meet care needs of individual patients.
- Knowledge of patient care standards and practices normally acquired through completion of a nursing program. Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred.
- Current CPR certification or obtained within 90 days of hire.
- Possesses an active Wisconsin RN nursing license.
- Acute Cardiac Nursing experience is desired.
- ACU or OR experience beneficial