Aspirus Wausau Hospital Inc000101-POST SURGICAL CARE UNITWausau, WIFull TimeWork Hours: Varied 12 hr shifts with weekend rotation Shifts: Varied11/2/2020
Aspirus was recently recognized as one of the 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
This position is eligible for a $15,000 Sign On Bonus for RN's with greater than 1 year experience.
We are seeking a Registered Nurse with the Post-Surgical Care Unit at Aspirus Wausau Hospital in Wausau, WI. The Post-Surgical Care Unit is a 40 bed inpatient area that provides care along a continuum for pre and post surgical adults and geriatric patients. Patients above the age of 14 may be admitted and are evaluated on a case-by-case basis to ensure the most appropriate care can be delivered. Decentralized cardiac monitoring is available for all 40 beds. Patient population includes orthopedic diagnosis (medical & surgical), neuro-medical or surgical, surgical spine and trauma. Surgical procedures may be related to wound care/plastic surgery, gastrointestinal, genitourinary, gynecologic, renal, thoracic, vascular, otolaryngeal, total joint replacements, fractures, and musculoskeletal injuries of upper/lower extremities.
Joint Replacement Center is located within the 40 bed capacity of PSCU. Patients having hip and knee replacement surgery are placed in this area of the unit. This is a specialty unit with core staff and established guidelines for patient placement.
Responsibilities will include:
- Identifies opportunities to improve patient experience. Participates in projects/programs designed to enhance service delivery and patient satisfaction.
- Collects data using established assessment format.
- Assesses emotional needs and learning readiness to develop holistic plan of care.
- Conducts and documents total nursing assessment of the health status of patients by collecting and recording subjective and objective data.
- Plans for care through the existing episode of illness onto the next level of care to promote continuity of quality care and optimal outcome.
- Defines and alters protocols/procedures to meet care needs of individual patients.
- Knowledge of patient care standards and practices normally acquired through completion of a nursing program. Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred.
- Current CPR certification or obtained within 90 days of hire.
- Possesses an active Wisconsin RN nursing license.
Aspirus is a non-profit, community-directed health system based in Wausau, Wisconsin. With more than 7,600 employees, serving communities throughout northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the western Upper Peninsula of Michigan, our integrated system includes four hospitals in Wisconsin and four in Michigan with more than 55 clinics.
Wausau, Wisconsin is located in the lovely Wisconsin River valley at the center of the state. We have a metro area population of 80,000 with excellent schools, busy performing arts center, large private music conservatory, and visual arts center. Quiet residential neighborhoods surround Lake Wausau and overlook the Wisconsin River or have views of Rib Mountain State Park. We enjoy four seasons of recreation including all water sports, sailing, kayaking, mountain biking, hiking, soccer, down-hill and cross-country skiing. We are conveniently located three hours from Milwaukee and Minneapolis.