REGISTERED NURSE - OPERATING ROOM
Aspirus Riverview Hospital
Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Work Hours: 6:30 AM or 9:45 AM start
Aspirus was recently recognized as one of the 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a Registered Nurse with the Operating Room at Aspirus Riverview Hospital in Wisconsin Rapids, WI. We have 5 ORs plus C-section suite. Specialties include: General, GYN, GU, Ortho/spine, podiatry and ENT.
This position has staggered shifts as indicated above with 1 later one per week.
Call requirements are 20 minute response time and no housing available.
Call is 1 night/week, every 6-7 weekend, and at least 1 holiday per year.
Responsibilities will include:
- Identifies opportunities to improve patient experience. Participates in projects/programs designed to enhance service delivery and patient satisfaction.
- Collects data using established assessment format.
- Assesses emotional needs and learning readiness to develop holistic plan of care.
- Conducts and documents total nursing assessment of the health status of patients by collecting and recording subjective and objective data.
- Plans for care through the existing episode of illness onto the next level of care to promote continuity of quality care and optimal outcome.
- Defines and alters protocols/procedures to meet care needs of individual patients.
- Knowledge of patient care standards and practices normally acquired through completion of a nursing program. Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred.
- Current CPR certification or obtained within 90 days of hire.
- Possesses an active Wisconsin RN nursing license.
- Previous OR experience desired and at least 1 year of hospital experience or 2 years in clinic or LTC required.