REGISTERED NURSE - OCCASIONAL
Aspirus Divine Savior Healthcare
For a 3rd year in a row, Aspirus has been recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a Registered Nurse to work in our Emergency Department in Portage, WI. This person plans and provides comprehensive patient care. Manages available nursing resources and collaborates with other members of the healthcare team to provide quality, cost effective patient care.
- Provides patient and family focused care throughout stay.
- Initiates and follows individualized plan of care.
- Documents according to established standards.
- Evaluates patient assessments and responses to interventions and takes appropriate action according to established standards.
- Establishes and evaluates progress toward mutual goals and measurable outcomes with patients and families.
- Acts as a preceptor for other nursing team members through the steps of the nursing process.
- Participates in patient and family education as evidenced by teaching documentation in the medical record.
- Delegates patient care activities to appropriate personnel and supervises those activities.
- Collaborates with members of the multidisciplinary healthcare team to develop effective discharge and referral plans on admission utilizing appropriate organization and community resources.
- Accurately and effectively utilizes the patient acuity system (MESH).
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge with required competencies.
- Performs other duties as assigned or as opportunities arise.
- Degree from an accredited Nursing program.
- Current Wisconsin license as a Registered Nurse or if new Graduate Nurse, eligible to take boards for licensure.
- Current BLS, ACLS and PALS certification through the AHA or American Red Cross.
HOURS: Hours will vary based on the needs of the department
Aspirus Divine Savior Hospital & Clinics has been dedicated to providing the highest level of care to Portage and the surrounding communities for over 100 years. We are proud to deliver a comprehensive list of high-quality services and programs to patients, close to home. Our state-of-the-art hospital and clinic is home to the Emergency Department, Urgent Care, Surgery, Family Practice Physicians, Dialysis, Diagnostics, Laboratory, Birthing Center and more for all of a family's needs. On the Portage Campus you will also find the Tivoli Community, a welcoming and modern facility offering assisted living and skilled-nursing beds. New in 2016, The Wellness Center, located between the hospital and Tivoli, is the home of La Vita, a medically integrated fitness center. Aspirus Divine Savior offers an array of free or reduced-cost screenings and education programming, it also offers three regional clinic locations: The Portage Clinic, Pardeeville Clinic and Oxford Clinic.
As an Aspirus team, we demonstrate caring, we plan to impact the future, work with happiness and enthusiasm, recognize our power to make a difference and improve the health of our communities.
To learn more about Portage click here: Portage, WI