Aspirus Wausau Hospital Inc000426-FLOAT POOLWausau, WIFull TimeWork Hours: Varied shifts and rotating weekends Shifts: Varied10/2/2020
Aspirus was recently recognized as one of the 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a Registered Nurse " New Grad Apprentice with the Float Pool at Aspirus Wausau Hospital in Wausau, WI.
Aspirus has created a New Graduate RN Apprentice position for those new graduates that are not sure of which patient population they wish to begin their nursing career taking care of.
This position will support our Medical/Surgical Units and included Medical/Pediatrics, Post-Surgical Care, Oncology, and Palliative Care Unit. The initial orientation will be six-weeks in length. The RN will then work an additional six weeks on that unit after which time they will rotate to each of the other three med/surg units for four weeks at a time. After the initial 24 weeks of rotating the RN will then decide which unit they would like to work on permanently or have the option to orient to IMC and CTU. They may also opt for this additional orientation with the goal of working in the float pool.
Aspirus believes in giving you the best foundation possible to start off your nursing career. We are a hospital that welcomes new graduates and are dedicated to their learning and providing a supportive environment which fosters growth.
Responsibilities will include:
- Identifies opportunities to improve patient experience. Participates in projects/programs designed to enhance service delivery and patient satisfaction.
- Collects data using established assessment format.
- Assesses emotional needs and learning readiness to develop holistic plan of care.
- Conducts and documents total nursing assessment of the health status of patients by collecting and recording subjective and objective data.
- Plans for care through the existing episode of illness onto the next level of care to promote continuity of quality care and optimal outcome.
- Defines and alters protocols/procedures to meet care needs of individual patients.
- Knowledge of patient care standards and practices normally acquired through completion of a nursing program. Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred.
- Current CPR certification or obtained within 90 days of hire.
- Possesses an active Wisconsin RN nursing license.
Aspirus is a non-profit, community-directed health system based in Wausau, Wisconsin. With more than 7,600 employees, serving communities throughout northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the western Upper Peninsula of Michigan, our integrated system includes four hospitals in Wisconsin and four in Michigan with more than 55 clinics.
Wausau, Wisconsin is located in the lovely Wisconsin River valley at the center of the state. We have a metro area population of 80,000 with excellent schools, busy performing arts center, large private music conservatory, and visual arts center. Quiet residential neighborhoods surround Lake Wausau and overlook the Wisconsin River or have views of Rib Mountain State Park. We enjoy four seasons of recreation including all water sports, sailing, kayaking, mountain biking, hiking, soccer, down-hill and cross-country skiing. We are conveniently located three hours from Milwaukee and Minneapolis.