REGISTERED NURSE - HOUSE SUPERVISOR
Aspirus Medford Hospital & Clinics
000440-PATIENT CARE SUPPORT SVCS
Work Hours: Weekday nights and weekends all shifts
For a 2nd year in a row, Aspirus has been recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
Responsible for the day to day operations on the off hour shifts across the care continuum with regard to patient flow (admission, discharge, and transfer) throughout the hospital to ensure efficient and effective patient care delivery and organized hospital operations. Ensures patient assignments are consistent with staffing guidelines, patient needs, and staff competency. Serves as a liaison to all clinical and service departments (inpatient and outpatient) and assists with problem resolution. Collaborates with administration and department directors/managers in the coordination, evaluation, and, improvement of all aspects of patient care delivery and service hospital wide; and acts as an administrative liaison in their absence.
LOCATION: Medford, Wisconsin
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
Our ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Demonstrates qualities of positive assertion, critical thinking, personal and professional integrity.
- Must be approachable, collaborative, and team oriented.
- Commitment to service excellence required.
- Proficient in interpersonal relationships and effective written and oral communication.
- Ability to prioritize, critically think, problem solve, and make appropriate timely decisions effectively.
- Able to manage multiple priorities and is highly organized.
- Must have basic computer skills to enable access to the hospital EMR and other facility information systems.
Candidates should possess one or more of the following:
* Graduate of a school of nursing and licensed as an RN is the state of Wisconsin
* Two years of experience as a staff nurse in an acute care facility required; 6 months or more of experience in varied hospital nursing (ex: OB, ED, surgery) preferred.
* BLS, ACLS and NRP required within 6 months of hire