REGISTERED NURSE - FLOAT
Aspirus Riverview Hospital
Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Aspirus was recently recognized as one of the 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a Registered Nurse with the Float Pool at Aspirus Riverview Hospital in Wisconsin Rapids, WI. The Float Nurse is available to assist a nursing department that temporarily exhibits increased patient activity or staff unavailability. The departments include Family Birthplace (FBP), Medical/Surgical/Pediatrics (MSP), Critical Care Unit (CCU), Emergency Services (ES), and Pre & Post Procedures (PPP). The Float Nurse may be utilized as a staff nurse in these units as needed, serving as core or third person.
Responsibilities will include:
- Identifies opportunities to improve patient experience. Participates in projects/programs designed to enhance service delivery and patient satisfaction.
- Collects data using established assessment format.
- Assesses emotional needs and learning readiness to develop holistic plan of care.
- Conducts and documents total nursing assessment of the health status of patients by collecting and recording subjective and objective data.
- Plans for care through the existing episode of illness onto the next level of care to promote continuity of quality care and optimal outcome.
- Defines and alters protocols/procedures to meet care needs of individual patients.
- Knowledge of patient care standards and practices normally acquired through completion of a nursing program. Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred.
- Current CPR certification or obtained within 90 days of hire.
- Possesses an active Wisconsin RN nursing license.
- 1-2 years of acute care experience is desired.
- ACLS is also required or be obtained.