REGISTERED NURSE - COVID MEDICAL UNIT CHARGE RN - BONUS
Aspirus Wausau Hospital Inc
000113-COVID 19 MEDICAL UNIT
Aspirus was recently recognized as one of the 15 Top HealthSystems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifyingthe top-performing health systems in the country based on overallorganizational performance.
This position is eligible for a $15,000 Sign On Bonus for RN's with greater than 1 year experience.
We are seeking a Charge Nurse with the COVID Medical Unit at Aspirus Wausau Hospital in Wausau, WI. The Charge Nurse will be proficient on MAP and will receive additional training and maintain competence on basic vent care, EKG/Telemetry monitoring, COVID specific training, as well as training to other units as part of the float pool requirements. The CMU charge nurse will assume the role of managing the flow of the CMU, education for the CMU, and the safety of the unit including holding the Dofficer Role.
Responsibilities will include:
- Identifiesopportunities to improve patient experience. Participates in projects/programsdesigned to enhance service delivery and patient satisfaction.
- Collects data usingestablished assessment format.
- Assesses emotionalneeds and learning readiness to develop holistic plan of care.
- Conducts anddocuments total nursing assessment of the health status of patients by collectingand recording subjective and objective data.
- Plans for carethrough the existing episode of illness onto the next level of care to promotecontinuity of quality care and optimal outcome.
- Defines and altersprotocols/procedures to meet care needs of individual patients.
- Knowledge ofpatient care standards and practices normally acquired through completion of anursing program. Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred.
- Current CPR certification or obtainedwithin 90 days of hire.
- Possesses an activeWisconsin RN nursing license.
Aspirus is a non-profit, community-directed health system based inWausau, Wisconsin. With more than 7,600 employees, serving communitiesthroughout northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the western UpperPeninsula of Michigan, our integrated system includes four hospitals inWisconsin and four in Michigan with more than 55 clinics.
Wausau, Wisconsin is located in the lovely Wisconsin River valley at the centerof the state. We have a metro area population of 80,000 with excellent schools,busy performing arts center, large private music conservatory, and visual artscenter. Quiet residential neighborhoods surround Lake Wausau and overlook theWisconsin River or have views of Rib Mountain State Park. We enjoyfour seasons of recreation including all water sports, sailing, kayaking,mountain biking, hiking, soccer, down-hill and cross-country skiing. We areconveniently located three hours from Milwaukee and Minneapolis.