REGISTERED NURSE - AMBULATORY SURGERY
Aspirus Keweenaw Hospital
For a 3rd year in a row, Aspirus has been recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
Aspirus is currently seeking a REGISTERED NURSE in Laurium, Michigan to work in Ambulatory Surgery/PACU at Aspirus Keweenaw Hospital. Duties include, but are not limited to:
* Provides direct patient care.
* Provides assessment and planning for individualized patient care.
* Communicates with physicians about changes in patient's clinical condition.
* Responds quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment.
* Performs general nursing with adequate supervision.
* This position will work in all areas of Ambulatory Surgery including Endoscopy, Recovery Room and Outpatient prep and recovery.
* Current State of MI RN license
* ACLS required within 6 months of hire
* Must have excellent interpersonal, critical thinking and customer service skills
* Excellent interpersonal, critical thinking and customer service skills
* Prefer experience in outpatient, ambulatory surgery, recovery room or critical care setting and GI or endoscopic procedures.
* EPIC experience in OPTIME is a plus
* Strong IV skills desired.
Hours: This position is supplemental; 0.3 FTE or 12 hours per week. Retirement plan available.
With 400 employees, Aspirus Keweenaw Hospital serves people through a 25-bed hospital, physician clinics, and rehab fitness centers.
This is one of four hospitals in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan in the Aspirus family; joining Aspirus Ontonagon Hospital, Aspirus Ironwood and Aspirus Iron River Hospital.
Aspirus Keweenaw Hospital is grounded in a strong tradition of community and patient-focused care. We are a continually evolving health care system, and will be the service area's first choice for hospital-related services. We differentiate ourselves from other hospitals by continually building our service base and adding new services and technologies, consistent with local population needs.
Although Aspirus Keweenaw has expanded its role over the years, we continue to uphold the tradition of caring established more than a century ago. The personal "small town" touch, along with the people of Aspirus Keweenaw who provide it, has endeared the facility to her patients and made the hospital the heart of the community
As an Aspirus team, we demonstrate caring, we plan to impact the future, work with happiness and enthusiasm, recognize our power to make a difference and improve the health of our communities.
Click here to learn more about the Keweenaw Peninsula