RADIOLOGY ARCHIVE TECHNICIAN-HIM
Aspirus Wausau Hospital Inc
010329-IMAGING CENTER - RAD ADMINISTRATION
For a 3rd year in a row, Aspirus has been recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a RADIOLOGY ARCHIVE TECHNICIAN in Wausau, WI at Aspirus Wausau Hospital who is responsible for radiographic and/or mammographic image/film management. Processes requests for film/image retrieval, maintains patient image records, loads image studies into the PACS system, assists patients with obtaining needed records for referral to outside facilities, and other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of office procedures in a healthcare environment and radiology standards and procedures normally acquired through graduation from High School diploma, GED, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Formal typing/computer courses beneficial.
- Courses in anatomy and physiology or medical terminology necessary.
- Previous applicable experience beneficial.
- Current BLS certification or obtained within 90 days of hire.
- Knowledge of computers, networks, and databases within a Windows environment.
- Demonstrates the ability to input and extract data from a database.
Hours: .8 Full time, 64 hours every two weeks. Varied hours between 7am - 5pm Monday - Friday
Aspirus Wausau Hospital is the flagship of the Aspirus system that serves patients in 14 counties across northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. It is a licensed private/not-for-profit facility with 325 beds and staffed by 350 physicians in 35 specialties. Aspirus Wausau Hospital is a Level II trauma center that provides primary, secondary and tertiary care services as a regional referral center. Specialty referral service emphasis exists in cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery, orthopedics and cancer. The hospital has an average daily inpatient census of 160 with approximately 15,000 admissions per year. Outpatient visits exceed 50,000 and there are also more than 24,000 annual emergency department visits.
Best known for its world-class cardiovascular program, Aspirus Wausau Hospital also provides leading edge cancer, trauma, women's health, and spine and neurological care.
As an Aspirus team, we demonstrate caring, we plan to impact the future, work with happiness and enthusiasm, recognize our power to make a difference and improve the health of our communities.
Click on the following links: Learn more about Wausau click here: Wausau, Wisconsin