Aspirus Ontonagon Hospital
For a 3rd year in a row, Aspirus has been recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGIST in Ontonagon, Michigan to work at Aspirus Ontonagon Hospital. Duties include:
* Performs radiographic exams on patients of all ages and acuity according to physician orders and departmental policies and procedures
- Whenever applicable, demonstrates understanding and applies provisions for the needs of specific age groups in terms of their physical and motor development, psychosocial development and intellectual/language development.
- Confirms patient identity, verifies physician orders, verifies informed consent as needed, and obtains clinical history.
- Corroborates patient's clinical history with procedure, assuring information is documented and available for use by a licensed practitioner.
- Prepares patient for procedures, providing instructions to obtain desired results, gain cooperation and minimize anxiety.
- Selects and operates radiographic equipment and/or associated accessories to successfully perform procedures.
- Knowledge of radiology standards and procedures normally acquired through graduation from an approved radiology school with a certificate or Associate Degree in Radiology.
- Possesses and maintains active ARRT (R) (American Registry of Radiologic Technologist) registry.
- Current CPR certification necessary.
- Possesses expert knowledge of and applies principles of radiation protection to minimize exposure to patient, self and others.
Hours: Part time; 0.60 FTE or 24 hours per week. Part time benefits package available.
Aspirus Ontonagon Hospital, a licensed 25-bed Critical Access Hospital is dedicated to serving the residents of Ontonagon county and the surrounding area. You will find a wide range of services, some of which you might not normally expect to find in a small rural setting including a 46-bed skilled nursing unit and rehabilitation and fitness center. Our average admissions are 700 per year with 3,000 annual ER visits. We also have in/outpatient therapies at our Fitness Center.
Ontonagon is located in Michigan's beautiful Upper Peninsula, on the south shore of Lake Superior and close to the Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State Park and Ottawa National Forest. Purchase a beautiful home on the sandy shores of Lake Superior at an extremely affordable price. Step out your front door and have immediate access to activities that include superb lake fishing, trout streams, boating, camping, hiking, hunting, ATV trails, downhill & cross-country skiing and snowmobiling.
As an Aspirus team, we demonstrate caring, we plan to impact the future, work with happiness and enthusiasm, recognize our power to make a difference and improve the health of our communities.
Click here to learn more about Ontonagon, Michigan