PROJECT MANAGER - IT
Work Hours: Monday " Friday, 80 hours per pay period
For a 3rd year in a row, Aspirus has been recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking an Information Technology (IT) Project Manager in Wausau, WI at Aspirus, Inc. The Information Technology (IT) Project Manager directs discovery, execution, progress reporting, and post-completion audit reporting as applicable for medium- to large-scale projects ranging from application/technology upgrades to multi-entity implementation initiatives. This position assists the IS Director in maintaining practice guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Knowledge and ability to effectively utilize project portfolio management tools and Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project) normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's Degree in CIS/CS, Healthcare Informatics, or Health Information Management preferred; or equivalent education and experience.
- Three to five years' relevant project management experience preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred or in the process of obtaining.
- Knowledge of best practices for project management and familiarity with related technologies.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and sensitivity to organizational politics.
- Must have the ability to communicate technical information in an easy-to-understand way.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations and respond to questions from managers, customers, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret charts and graphs.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Hours: Full-time, Monday " Friday, 80 hours per pay period. Benefits package available.
Aspirus Wausau Hospital is the flagship of the Aspirus system that serves patients in 14 counties across northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. It is a licensed private/not-for-profit facility with 325 beds and staffed by 350 physicians in 35 specialties. Aspirus Wausau Hospital is a Level II trauma center that provides primary, secondary and tertiary care services as a regional referral center. Specialty referral service emphasis exists in cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery, orthopedics and cancer. The hospital has an average daily inpatient census of 160 with approximately 15,000 admissions per year. Outpatient visits exceed 50,000 and there are also more than 24,000 annual emergency department visits.
Best known for its world-class cardiovascular program, Aspirus Wausau Hospital also provides leading edge cancer, trauma, women's health, and spine and neurological care.
As an Aspirus team, we demonstrate caring, we plan to impact the future, work with happiness and enthusiasm, recognize our power to make a difference and improve the health of our communities.
Click on the following links: Learn more about Wausau click here: Wausau, Wisconsin