Aspirus Wausau Hospital Inc
Work Hours: 48 hour per pp,PM shift, Every 3rd weekend and 2 Holiday
For a 3rd year in a row, Aspirus has been recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a PHLEBOTOMIST in Wausau, WI at Aspirus Wausau Hospital who works under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures to perform the manual and technical tasks involved with the proper collection, labeling, processing and distribution of biological specimens for laboratory testing from patients of all ages. This person is responsible for utilizing relevant computer programs, performing data entry, and canceling and crediting tests.
- Completion of a High School diploma, GED, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Successful completion of a phlebotomy program or related health care training (MA, CNA, EMT, etc.) beneficial.
- Knowledge of laboratory standards and practices acquired through completion of a degree or courses in chemical, physical, or biological sciences from an accredited institution beneficial.
- Courses in EKG basic interpretation beneficial.
- Phlebotomy experience, related health care experience, or other non-healthcare laboratory experience beneficial.
- Computer experience beneficial.
- Customer service/telephone communications experience beneficial.
- Demonstrates a pleasant, congenial, accommodating and diplomatic personality with strong interpersonal and oral/written communication skills.
- Possesses a pleasant and clearly understandable telephone voice and manner, along with mental alertness and attention to detail.
Hours: Part time Benefit package available, 48 hours every 2 weeks. PM shifts - 8 hour shifts. Possible shifts may be 12:30 - 9:00pm, 1:00pm - 9:30pm, 1:30pm - 10:00pm, 3:00pm - 11:30pm. Every 3rd weekend and 2 holidays per year.
Aspirus Wausau Hospital is the flagship of the Aspirus system that serves patients in 14 counties across northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. It is a licensed private/not-for-profit facility with 325 beds and staffed by 350 physicians in 35 specialties. Aspirus Wausau Hospital is a Level II trauma center that provides primary, secondary and tertiary care services as a regional referral center. Specialty referral service emphasis exists in cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery, orthopedics and cancer. The hospital has an average daily inpatient census of 160 with approximately 15,000 admissions per year. Outpatient visits exceed 50,000 and there are also more than 24,000 annual emergency department visits.
Best known for its world-class cardiovascular program, Aspirus Wausau Hospital also provides leading edge cancer, trauma, women's health, and spine and neurological care
As an Aspirus team, we demonstrate caring, we plan to impact the future, work with happiness and enthusiasm, recognize our power to make a difference and improve the health of our communities.
Click on the following links: Learn more about Wausau click here: Wausau, Wisconsin