Aspirus Wausau Hospital Inc
Work Hours: 16 hour per 2 weeks
For a 3rdyear in a row, Aspirus has been recognized as one of the top 15 Top HealthSystems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifyingthe top-performing health systems in the country based on overallorganizational performance.
We are seeking a PHLEBOTOMISTin Wausau, WI at Aspirus Wausau Hospital who works under generalsupervision and according to established policies and procedures to perform themanual and technical tasks involved with the proper collection, labeling,processing and distribution of biological specimens for laboratory testing frompatients of all ages. This person is responsible for utilizing relevantcomputer programs, performing data entry, and canceling and crediting tests.
- Completion of a HighSchool diploma, GED, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Successful completionof a phlebotomy program or related health care training (MA, CNA, EMT, etc.)beneficial.
- Knowledge of laboratorystandards and practices acquired through completion of a degree or courses inchemical, physical, or biological sciences from an accredited institutionbeneficial.
- Courses in EKG basicinterpretation beneficial.
- Phlebotomy experience,related health care experience, or other non-healthcare laboratory experiencebeneficial.
- Computer experiencebeneficial.
- Customerservice/telephone communications experience beneficial.
- Demonstrates a pleasant, congenial, accommodatingand diplomatic personality with strong interpersonal and oral/writtencommunication skills.
- Possesses a pleasant and clearly understandabletelephone voice and manner, along with mental alertness and attention todetail.
Hours: .2 Supplemental, 16 hours every 2 weeks. Day shifts with starts times of: 4:00-8:00am,5:00-9:00am, 4:00am-12:30pm, and 5:00am-1:30pm. Rotating every 3rd weekend and 2 holidays per year (day shift)
Aspirus WausauHospital is the flagship of the Aspirus system that serves patients in 14counties across northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the Upper Peninsulaof Michigan. It is a licensed private/not-for-profitfacility with 325 beds and staffed by 350 physicians in 35specialties. Aspirus Wausau Hospital isa Level II trauma center that provides primary, secondary and tertiary careservices as a regional referral center. Specialty referral service emphasisexists in cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery, orthopedics and cancer. Thehospital has an average daily inpatient census of 160 with approximately 15,000admissions per year. Outpatient visits exceed 50,000 and there are also morethan 24,000 annual emergency department visits.
Best known forits world-class cardiovascular program, Aspirus Wausau Hospital also providesleading edge cancer, trauma, women's health, and spine and neurological care
As an Aspirus team, we demonstrate caring, weplan to impact the future, work with happiness and enthusiasm, recognize ourpower to make a difference and improve the health of our communities.
Click on the following links: Learnmore about Wausau click here: Wausau,Wisconsin