Aspirus Medford Hospital & Clinics
For a 3rd year in a row,Aspirus has been recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in theUnited States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying thetop-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizationalperformance.
We are seekinga Phlebotomist / Laboratory Assistant at Aspirus Medford Hospital in Medford, WI who performsvenipuncture and capillary punctures to procure specimens for laboratoryanalysis. Serves patients of all ages from newborn throughgeriatric. Performs clerical functions such as filing, word processing,answering the telephone, faxing results, scheduling and preparing specimens tobe sent to the reference lab.
Performs urinetoxicology and breath alcohol collections according to DOT guidelines,maintains toxicology collection supplies, records of collections faxes andmails copies to appropriate parties and goes on site to industry clients tocollect specimens as needed. Assists the Director of Laboratory Servicesin other duties as needed as proficiency in other areas laboratory testing isdemonstrated.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Current CPR certification, or obtain certification within 90 days of date of hire
- Certification as a Phlebotomist by a national accrediting agency, i.e. ASCP, NCA, etc. is preferred
- On the job training includes competency verification by observation of skills and tests performed
- Phlebotomy experience in a health care setting
- Any medical related class work such as CNA or Medical Assistant training
- Any clerical experience in a health care setting
- Must have good communication skills with the ability to relay detailed specimen collection information to appropriate persons
- Must be able to follow detailed written directions and be able to follow direction of lead staff
- Must have computer skills in Word and Excel and be able to orientate to a laboratory information and hospital information system
- Must have ability to process paperwork with attention to detail, completing tasks with accuracy and precision
- Have ability to work in a team setting
Hours: Occasional status working a minimum of 1 shift per month andshift varies between the hours of 5:30am " 7:00pm.
Aspirus Medford Hospital ranks among the TOP 100 CriticalAccess Hospitals in the nation as identified by iVantage Health Analytics! AspirusMedford Hospital offers all the friendliness and flexibility of a 25-bedcritical access hospital with the horsepower of a large healthcaresystem. Aspirus Medford Hospital & Clinics are in Taylor, Price, Clarkand Marathon Counties. In addition to the hospital, residents of these countieshave convenient access to our pharmacy, six primary care clinics, two therapycenters, a public fitness center, and our senior care services that include askilled nursing home and assisted living.
Asan Aspirus team, we demonstrate caring, we plan to impact the future, work withhappiness and enthusiasm, recognize our power to make a difference and improvethe health of our communities.
Click on the followinglinks: Learnmore about Wausau click here: Medford,Wisconsin