Phlebotomist - Full Time - Days/Nights
Aspirus Divine Savior Healthcare
Work Hours: 6am-4:30pm and 3:30pm-5am-every 3rd weekend, few other night shifts
Shifts: Varied Shifts
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the collection and processing of specimens, clerical and secretarial tasks, cleaning and routine maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for accurate and timely specimen procurement and handling.
- Provides quality service for all aspects of the pre-analytic phase of test performance (reagent, specimen, quality control materials, products and supply preparation, understanding procedures).
- Maintains work area and supplies/equipment.
- Performs clerical duties for the department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Successful completion of a formal phlebotomy program or equivalent experience preferred.
- Reports directly to the Laboratory Director.
- Regular contact with Physicians, Laboratory Staff, Pathologists, other hospital personnel and other healthcare organizations.
- Occasional contact with vendors, manufacturers and regulating agencies.
- Work is performed largely in a pleasant hospital environment with minimal chance for personal injury.
- Regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles,
wet, and/or humid conditions, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock.
- Frequently has potential exposure to hazardous materials such as sharps and exposure to blood and body
- It is an expectation for this position Standard and Transmission-based Isolation Precautions are followed
along with appropriate use of personal protective equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Occasionally required to sit or climb.
- Required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of department supplies and equipment.
- Occasionally may need to move patients and/or equipment of more than 100 pounds.
- Requires specific vision abilities for far vision, near vision, depth perception, colors, accommodation and peripheral vision.
- Vision correctable to 20/40.
Acknowledgement: This job description/evaluation describes the general nature and level of work performed by an employee assigned to this position. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the job. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by the department manager or administration. All requirements are subject to change over time and to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.