PHLEBOTOMIST - CLINIC
Aspirus Langlade Hospital
Work Hours: M-F between 6:45am-6pm
For a 3rd year in a row, Aspirus has been recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking an PHLEBOTOMIST in Antigo, WI at Aspirus Antigo Clinic who responsibility is in the area of venipuncture and capillary puncture to process specimens for laboratory testing. Provides clerical assistance as needed in Lab Reception. Serves patients in a newborn through geriatric population. In addition, this position may be assigned laboratory duties as proficiency is determined by Laboratory Manager or Lab Supervisor.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Perform Venipuncture's on outpatients according to prescribed procedure. Performs capillary specimen collections on newborns, pediatric patients and when appropriate on adult patients according to prescribed procedure.
- Collection of Urine samples, stool samples, throat and nasopharyngeal swabs for culture testing and blood cultures.
- Ability to order tests and performs data entry function using the hospital and laboratory information systems.
- Answer telephone calls and directs and answers questions as able.
- Patience, tact, cheerful disposition, enthusiasm and dependability essential.
- Ability to handle clients based on the maturity level at which they function. Ability to treat
- client information as confidential.
- Previous experience as a phlebotomist preferred
- Drivers License required
- Current CPR certification or obtained within 90 days of hire
- Knowledge of resident care principles and practices normally acquired through completion of a High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Vocational training in the area of laboratory assistant, lab aide or phlebotomy preferred
HOURS: 48(hrs) total every two weeks primarily day shift Monday - Friday
Aspirus Langlade Hospital is a 25-bed critical access hospital located in Antigo, Wisconsin. The hospital admits 1,300 inpatients annually with 62,000 outpatient visits each year. The Emergency Department has more than 12,000 patient visits each year. We average 180-200 births per year and perform 1,500 surgeries annually. The hospital holds The Joint Commission-National Quality Gold Seal Approval.
As an Aspirus team, we demonstrate caring, we plan to impact the future, work with happiness and enthusiasm, recognize our power to make a difference and improve the health of our communities.
Click on the following links: Learn more about Wausau click here: Antigo, Wisconsin