Aspirus Medford Hospital & Clinics
For a 3rd year in a row,Aspirus has been recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in theUnited States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying thetop-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizationalperformance.
We are seekinga PHARMACY TECHNICIAN in Medford, WI at Aspirus Medford Hospital. Dutieswill include:
- Consistently selects thecorrect medication, including form, strength, and route.
- Prepares IV medicationsaccurately and safely.
- Fills and labelsprescription medications, departmental drug orders, and employee orders,accurately, efficiently and neatly.
- Packaging medicationsdoses correctly and efficiently, including follow through documentation, andclean up as necessary
- Complete Computer orderentry functions correctly, completely, and promptly.
- Demonstrate ability toassume responsibilities delegated by the Lead Technician, Pharmacist, LeadPharmacist or Director, with good judgment.
- Pick up/delivery oforders and medications efficiently and completely, including verifyingstock levels and correct dating.
- Follow all billingprocedures as assigned by Lead Technician, Pharmacist, Lead Pharmacist orDirector.
- Understand andcooperates fully with departmental inventory control measures, includingcontrol of outdated meds, contract purchasing considerations, and drugrecalls.
- High School graduate orequivalent Required
- National PharmacyTechnician Certification within 1 year of hire
- Comfort with usingtechnology including the ability to learn computerized order entry andfamiliarity with common computer programs (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to read, write,and communicate effectively in English
- Experience in sterilecompound/aseptic technique, including chemotherapy, is strongly preferred.
Hours:Part-time, 48 hours every 2 weeks,rotating weekends/holidays
Aspirus Medford Hospital ranks among the TOP 100 CriticalAccess Hospitals in the nation as identified by iVantage Health Analytics! AspirusMedford Hospital offers all the friendliness and flexibility of a 25-bedcritical access hospital with the horsepower of a large healthcaresystem. Aspirus Medford Hospital & Clinics are in Taylor, Price, Clarkand Marathon Counties. In addition to the hospital, residents of these countieshave convenient access to our pharmacy, six primary care clinics, two therapycenters, a public fitness center, and our senior care services that include askilled nursing home and assisted living.
As an Aspirus team, we demonstrate caring, weplan to impact the future, work with happiness and enthusiasm, recognize ourpower to make a difference and improve the health of our communities.
Click on the following links: Learnmore about Wausau, WI click here: Medford,Wisconsin