PHARMACY TECHNICIAN-WE WILL TRAIN!!
Aspirus Wausau Hospital Inc
Work Hours: 80 Hours pp, Varied shift, Every other weekend 1-2 Holiday
We are in the top 15!
Come and join an organization that was recognized by IBM Watson Health as one of the top performing health systems in the country!
We are seeking a PHARMACY TECHNICIAN I at AspirusWausau Hospital in Wausau, WI. Duties will include:
- Assisting the pharmacist in timely preparationand delivery of medications in accordance with medical provider orders andpatient needs.
- Serving as the primary personresponsible for accurately sending outgoing products.
- Preparing first doseand new loads to automated dispensing cabinet from the carousel or shelvingstock.
- Accurately restocksautomated dispensing cabinets, identifies inventory discrepancies, maintainsaccurate perpetual inventory counts, files and maintains records.
- Can identify automateddispensing machine problems and respond appropriately.
- Demonstrates theability to perform pharmaceutical calculations accurately.
- Answering telephonecalls and appropriately routes calls.
- Printing fill lists forcart fill from computer system and able to select doses of medications from pharmacymedication inventory.
- Accurately charges andcredits medications per departmental policy.
- Repackages oral andliquid medications, including proper storage, distribution, packaging andlabeling of drugs and associated record keeping.
- Place orders withwholesaler for purchase of pharmaceuticals and related supplies for thedepartment as per buying group contract or lowest cost service.
- Receive filled orderfrom wholesaler, check against invoice and place in stock in pharmacy asappropriate.
- Ensure proper inventorylevels/quantities that meet the needs of department and hospital.
- Accurately replaceitems in floor stock throughout hospital, as appropriate or requested andmaintains floor stock records and charges.
- Knowledge of organizationaland project management practices normally acquired through completion of a highschool diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in a health-relatedfield, pharmacy and computers beneficial.
- Able to workefficiently in a high stress environment.
- National PharmacyTechnician Certification beneficial.
- Holds in confidenceverbal, written and computerized information about patients and staff, unlessneeded for therapeutic or job-related purposes.
Hours: Full time Benefit package available, varied shifts,every other weekend and 2-3 holidays per year. This will also require occasional night shift coverage.
AspirusWausau Hospital is the flagship of the Aspirus system that serves patients in14 counties across northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the UpperPeninsula of Michigan. It is a licensed private/not-for-profit facility with 325beds and staffed by 350 physicians in 35 specialties. Aspirus Wausau Hospital is a Level II traumacenter that provides primary, secondary and tertiary care services as aregional referral center. Specialty referral service emphasis exists incardiology and cardiothoracic surgery, orthopedics and cancer. The hospital hasan average daily inpatient census of 160 with approximately 15,000 admissionsper year. Outpatient visits exceed 50,000 and there are also more than 24,000annual emergency department visits.
Best known for its world-class cardiovascularprogram, Aspirus Wausau Hospital also provides leading edge cancer, trauma,women's health, and spine and neurological care.
As an Aspirus team, wedemonstrate caring, we plan to impact the future, work with happiness andenthusiasm, recognize our power to make a difference and improve the health ofour communities.
Click on the followinglinks: Learnmore about Wausau click here: Wausau, Wisconsin