PHARMACY TECHNICIAN-WE WILL TRAIN!!
Aspirus Wausau Hospital Inc
Work Hours: 80 Hours pp, Varied shift, Every other weekend 1-2 Holiday
We are in the top 15!
Come and join an organization that was recognized by IBM Watson Health as one of the top performing health systems in the country!
We are seeking a PHARMACY TECHNICIAN I at Aspirus Wausau Hospital in Wausau, WI. Duties will include:
- Assisting the pharmacist in timely preparation and delivery of medications in accordance with medical provider orders and patient needs.
- Serving as the primary person responsible for accurately sending outgoing products.
- Preparing first dose and new loads to automated dispensing cabinet from the carousel or shelving stock.
- Accurately restocks automated dispensing cabinets, identifies inventory discrepancies, maintains accurate perpetual inventory counts, files and maintains records.
- Can identify automated dispensing machine problems and respond appropriately.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform pharmaceutical calculations accurately.
- Answering telephone calls and appropriately routes calls.
- Printing fill lists for cart fill from computer system and able to select doses of medications from pharmacy medication inventory.
- Accurately charges and credits medications per departmental policy.
- Repackages oral and liquid medications, including proper storage, distribution, packaging and labeling of drugs and associated record keeping.
- Place orders with wholesaler for purchase of pharmaceuticals and related supplies for the department as per buying group contract or lowest cost service.
- Receive filled order from wholesaler, check against invoice and place in stock in pharmacy as appropriate.
- Ensure proper inventory levels/quantities that meet the needs of department and hospital.
- Accurately replace items in floor stock throughout hospital, as appropriate or requested and maintains floor stock records and charges.
- Knowledge of organizational and project management practices normally acquired through completion of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in a health-related field, pharmacy and computers beneficial.
- Able to work efficiently in a high stress environment.
- National Pharmacy Technician Certification beneficial.
- Holds in confidence verbal, written and computerized information about patients and staff, unless needed for therapeutic or job-related purposes.
Hours: Full time Benefit package available, varied shifts, every other weekend and 2-3 holidays per year. This will also require occasional night shift coverage.
Aspirus Wausau Hospital is the flagship of the Aspirus system that serves patients in 14 counties across northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. It is a licensed private/not-for-profit facility with 325 beds and staffed by 350 physicians in 35 specialties. Aspirus Wausau Hospital is a Level II trauma center that provides primary, secondary and tertiary care services as a regional referral center. Specialty referral service emphasis exists in cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery, orthopedics and cancer. The hospital has an average daily inpatient census of 160 with approximately 15,000 admissions per year. Outpatient visits exceed 50,000 and there are also more than 24,000 annual emergency department visits.
Best known for its world-class cardiovascular program, Aspirus Wausau Hospital also provides leading edge cancer, trauma, women's health, and spine and neurological care.
As an Aspirus team, we demonstrate caring, we plan to impact the future, work with happiness and enthusiasm, recognize our power to make a difference and improve the health of our communities.
Click on the following links: Learn more about Wausau click here: Wausau, Wisconsin