Aspirus Wausau Hospital Inc
For a 3rd year in a row, Aspirus has been recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a PHARMACY SPECIALIST in Wausau, WI at Aspirus Wausau Hospital who serves as a specialist in a selected area of pharmaceutical care with the ultimate goal being the safe, efficacious and cost effective use of drugs and information about drugs to achieve outcomes that improve patient quality of life.
* Knowledge of pharmaceutical standards and practices normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's or Doctorate Degree in pharmacy from an accredited school of pharmacy, with a Doctorate required for some specialty areas of clinical practice as defined by specialty description.
* Completion of a residency and/or fellowship in pharmacy practice preferred and board certification or eligibility for such in specialty area of pharmacy practice, or equivalent experience desired.
* A minimum of three years' experience desired in institutional, hospital or health system pharmacy practice to enhance and develop skills.
* Unique experience in a specialty area of pharmacy practice beneficial.
* Possesses current Wisconsin licensure as a pharmacist.
* Current BLS certification or obtained within 90 days of hire
* Membership in the American Society of Health System Pharmacists or the American College of Clinical Pharmacy, and the Pharmacy Society of Wisconsin desired.
Hours: Full time Benefit package available, 40 Hours per week, Day/Night rotation, 7 on nights, 7 off, then 2 weeks on days, rotating every 2-4 weekends and holidays
Aspirus Wausau Hospital is the flagship of the Aspirus system that serves patients in 14 counties across northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. It is a licensed private/not-for-profit facility with 325 beds and staffed by 350 physicians in 35 specialties. Aspirus Wausau Hospital is a Level II trauma center that provides primary, secondary and tertiary care services as a regional referral center. Specialty referral service emphasis exists in cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery, orthopedics and cancer. The hospital has an average daily inpatient census of 160 with approximately 15,000 admissions per year. Outpatient visits exceed 50,000 and there are also more than 24,000 annual emergency department visits.
Best known for its world-class cardiovascular program, Aspirus Wausau Hospital also provides leading edge cancer, trauma, women's health, and spine and neurological care.
As an Aspirus team, we demonstrate caring, we plan to impact the future, work with happiness and enthusiasm, recognize our power to make a difference and improve the health of our communities.
Click on the following links: Learn more about Wausau click here: Wausau, Wisconsin