PATIENT CARE TRANSPORTER-Entry Level
Aspirus Wausau Hospital Inc
Work Hours: 64 Hours per Pay Period
For a 3rd year in a row, Aspirus has been recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking PATIENT CARE TRANSPORTER in Wausau, WI at Aspirus Wausau Hospital who transports patients using carts and wheelchairs to and from ancillary departments and discharges from Aspirus Wausau Hospital, Aspirus Cancer Center, and Aspirus Plaza Drive Clinics.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATION
- Current BLS certification or obtained within 90 days of hire provided by Aspirus Wausau Hospital during orientation.
- Knowledge of patient care standards and practices normally acquired through completion of a High School diploma, GED, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- EMT certification or MA experience beneficial but not required.
- Prior listing on the Wisconsin Nurse Aide Registry beneficial but not required.
- Current enrollment in a healthcare related program beneficial but not required.
Hours: Full time Benefit package available, 32 Hours per week, PM shifts from 3pm – 11:30pm Monday – Friday, every other weekend from 1pm – 9:30pm and rotating holidays.
Aspirus Wausau Hospital is the flagship of the Aspirus system that serves patients in 14 counties across northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. It is a licensed private/not-for-profit facility with 325 beds and staffed by 350 physicians in 35 specialties. Aspirus Wausau Hospital is a Level II trauma center that provides primary, secondary and tertiary care services as a regional referral center. Specialty referral service emphasis exists in cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery, orthopedics and cancer. The hospital has an average daily inpatient census of 160 with approximately 15,000 admissions per year. Outpatient visits exceed 50,000 and there are also more than 24,000 annual emergency department visits.
Best known for its world-class cardiovascular program, Aspirus Wausau Hospital also provides leading edge cancer, trauma, women's health, and spine and neurological care.
As an Aspirus team, we demonstrate caring, we plan to impact the future, work with happiness and enthusiasm, recognize our power to make a difference and improve the health of our communities.
Click on the following links: Learn more about Wausau click here: Wausau, Wisconsin