PATIENT ACCOUNTS SPECIALIST
000642-CENTRAL BILLING OFFICE
For the 3rd year in a row, Aspirus has been recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a Patient Accounts Specialist; this position can work at Any Aspirus Location. The Patient Accounts Specialist performs patient accounts activities as assigned. This includes initial billing, following up claims with no response, working and managing insurance denials, and reviewing and processing credits in a timely, accurate and consistent basis.
- Knowledge of basic accounting normally acquired through completion of a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two to three years of related work experience in a medical patient accounts department.
- Understands and applies insurance billing, governmental regulations and managed care requirements, as applicable, to the billing process.
- Understands state and federal mandated coverages, health insurance terms, definitions and concepts, as well as auto and other liability terms, definitions and concepts.
- Understands state law governing privacy, utilizing compliance protocol and refers to policy and procedure manual when dealing with specific issues.
- Basic CPT and ICD9-CM coding desired.
Hours: Full-time, 80 hours per two-week pay period. Benefits package available.
As an Aspirus team, we demonstrate caring, we plan to impact the future, work with happiness and enthusiasm, recognize our power to make a difference and improve the health of our communities.
Aspirus Wausau Hospital is the flagship of the Aspirus system that serves patients in 14 counties across northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. It is a licensed private/not-for-profit facility with 325 beds and staffed by 350 physicians in 35 specialties. Aspirus Wausau Hospital is a Level II trauma center that provides primary, secondary and tertiary care services as a regional referral center. Specialty referral service emphasis exists in cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery, orthopedics and cancer. The hospital has an average daily inpatient census of 160 with approximately 15,000 admissions per year. Outpatient visits exceed 50,000 and there are also more than 24,000 annual emergency department visits.
Best known for its world-class cardiovascular program, Aspirus Wausau Hospital also provides leading edge cancer, trauma, women's health, and spine and neurological care.
To learn more about Wausau click here: Wausau, Wisconsin