PATIENT ACCOUNTS SPECIALIST
000642-CENTRAL BILLING OFFICE
Work Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:00pm
For the 2nd year in a row, Aspirus was recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a Patient Accounts Specialist for our team in Wausau, Wisconsin. The Patient Accounts Specialist performs patient accounts activities as assigned. This includes initial billing, following up claims with no response, working and managing insurance denials, and reviewing and processing credits in a timely, accurate and consistent basis.
* Knowledge of basic accounting normally acquired through completion of a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Two to three years of related work experience in a medical patient accounts department.
* Understands and applies insurance billing, governmental regulations and managed care requirements, as applicable, to the billing process.
* Understands state and federal mandated coverages, health insurance terms, definitions and concepts, as well as auto and other liability terms, definitions and concepts.
* Understands state law governing privacy, utilizing compliance protocol and refers to policy and procedure manual when dealing with specific issues.
* Basic CPT and ICD9-CM coding desired.
Aspirus is a non-profit, community-directed health system based in Wausau, Wisconsin. With more than 7,600 employees, serving communities throughout northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the western Upper Peninsula of Michigan, our integrated system includes four hospitals in Wisconsin and four in Michigan with more than 55 clinics.
Wausau, Wisconsin is located in the lovely Wisconsin River valley at the center of the state. We have a metro area population of 85,000 with excellent schools, busy performing arts center, large private music conservatory, and visual arts center. Quiet residential neighborhoods surround Lake Wausau and overlook the Wisconsin River or have views of Rib Mountain State Park. We enjoy four seasons of recreation including all water sports, sailing, kayaking, mountain biking, hiking, soccer, down-hill and cross-country skiing.