PATIENT ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT
For a 3rd year in a row, Aspirus has been recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a Patient Accounts Assistant in Wausau, WI at Aspirus, Inc. This in provides a variety of clerical tasks necessary to support the efficient and effective functioning of the credit and collection team. Performs various clerical duties as needed. The primary role of this position is to be a flexible resource. This includes working on a variety of tasks and projects including filling in for people on vacation, posting patient payments on high volume days, entering address changes, helping process Aspirus, Inc. applications, preparing work papers for auditors, clerical filing, copying and research.
- Knowledge of general office procedures normally acquired through completion of a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of insurance and medical terminology desired.
- One to two years of professional office experience, with health care experience in medical billing and collections beneficial.
- Demonstrates a high degree of accuracy and an aptitude for detailed work.
- Possesses a high level of interpersonal skills, resourcefulness, and initiative.
- Possesses good verbal and written communication skills, the ability to prioritize, attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness in all work products and related work experience to develop and enhance skills.
- Computer, telephone, and miscellaneous office equipment proficiency.
As an Aspirus team, we demonstrate caring, we plan to impact the future, work with happiness and enthusiasm, recognize our power to make a difference and improve the health of our communities.
Aspirus Wausau Hospital is the flagship of the Aspirus system that serves patients in 14 counties across northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. It is a licensed private/not-for-profit facility with 325 beds and staffed by 350 physicians in 35 specialties. Aspirus Wausau Hospital is a Level II trauma center that provides primary, secondary and tertiary care services as a regional referral center. Specialty referral service emphasis exists in cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery, orthopedics and cancer. The hospital has an average daily inpatient census of 160 with approximately 15,000 admissions per year. Outpatient visits exceed 50,000 and there are also more than 24,000 annual emergency department visits.
Best known for its world-class cardiovascular program, Aspirus Wausau Hospital also provides leading edge cancer, trauma, women's health, and spine and neurological care.
To learn more about Wausau click here: Wausau, Wisconsin