PARAMEDIC-SIGN ON BONUS!
Aspirus Wausau Hospital Inc
Work Hours: 12/24
For a 3rd year in a row, Aspirus has been recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
Bonus: $3000.00 Sign on!!
We are seeking a PARAMEDIC in Ontonagon, MI at Aspirus Ontonagon Medevac (a department of Aspirus Wausau Hospital) who under the direction and supervision of the Manager of Medevac, this Paramedic position is responsible for providing safe, comprehensive care to critically ill and/or injured patients of all ages. Care is provided in the pre-hospital setting and during inter-facility transports by understanding and applying the specialized principles and techniques of transport paramedic practice, emergency procedures and diagnostics.
- Knowledge of emergency patient care standards and practices normally acquired through completion of an accredited Paramedic program.
- Minimum of 1 year (3 years preferred) current field experience in a busy 911/pre-hospital service (transport experience preferred) for ground critical care transport and intercepts.
- Active Wisconsin Paramedic Certification for Wisconsin bases.
- Active Michigan Paramedic Certification for Michigan bases.
- Active Dual Paramedic licensure in Wisconsin and Michigan required upon completion of hire/orientation period. (120 days of hire).
- Possesses a valid Wisconsin Driver's License in state of residency .
- State of Wisconsin Critical Care Endorsement within one year of hire.
- ACLS Certification
- Must maintain CPR and all certifications as stated in the MedEvac Scope of Service.
- Possesses effective human relations skills required for interfacing with all levels of personnel and external customers.
- Possesses basic computer skills for email, electronic charting, etc.
Hours: Full time Benefit package available, 80 Hours every 2 weeks, 24 hours shifts, 12 week rotation, weekend/holiday rotation as scheduled
Aspirus Wausau Hospital is the flagship of the Aspirus system that serves patients in 14 counties across northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. It is a licensed private/not-for-profit facility with 325 beds and staffed by 350 physicians in 35 specialties. Aspirus Wausau Hospital is a Level II trauma center that provides primary, secondary and tertiary care services as a regional referral center. Specialty referral service emphasis exists in cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery, orthopedics and cancer. The hospital has an average daily inpatient census of 160 with approximately 15,000 admissions per year. Outpatient visits exceed 50,000 and there are also more than 24,000 annual emergency department visits.
Best known for its world-class cardiovascular program, Aspirus Wausau Hospital also provides leading edge cancer, trauma, women's health, and spine and neurological care.
As an Aspirus team, we demonstrate caring, we plan to impact the future, work with happiness and enthusiasm, recognize our power to make a difference and improve the health of our communities.
Click on the following links: Learn more about Ontonagon and Wisconsin click here: https://villageofontonagon.org/