Aspirus Wausau Hospital Inc
080250-AAH HH-CALUMET OCC THERAPY
For a 3rd year in a row, Aspirus has been recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking an OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST to work for Aspirus at Home in the Hancock, Michigan area. Join us and provide compassionate home health care to patients in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. While specific tasks may vary among departments, general responsibilities include:
- Provides evaluation utilizing tests/measures to arrive at clinical assessment of patient's condition.
- Processes information gathered during evaluation to establish an appropriate treatment plan.
- Establishes the treatment plan in accordance with the needs of specific age groups in terms of their physical and motor development, psychosocial development and intellectual/language development.
- Performs ongoing re-evaluation of patient's response to treatment, determining appropriate modifications and timely discharge.
- Clinically supervises Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants (COTA) in carrying out treatment plan.
- Provides adequate documentation for purposes of justifying reimbursement to third party payers, establishing baseline data and subsequent progress, and recording of treatment.
- Communicates to other therapists and health professionals regarding patient status and progress.
- Contributes to the Home Health Quality assessment and/or Performance Improvement Process.
· Clinical oversight of CNA's delivery of care which may include assignment of duties and/or assurance of safe and effective delivery of care.
· Previous experience as an Occupational Therapist beneficial but not required.
· Current Michigan licensure to practice Occupational Therapy required.
· Current CPR certification or obtained within 90 days of hire.
· Possesses and maintains a valid Michigan Driver's License required.
· Possesses automobile liability insurance with $100,000/$300,000 coverage required, or $300,000 combined single-limit liability.
Hours: This position is full time; 1.0 FTE or 40 hours per week. Full time benefits package available.
Aspirus at Home is a part of the Aspirus health system and is a nonprofit, Medicare-certified home health agency that serves 14 north central Wisconsin counties. We offer services in North central Wisconsin and parts of the UP. Aspirus At Home helps to bridge the gap between the more intensive levels of care received in a hospital, nursing or rehabilitation facility and in client's home. For 60 years we have provided caring support to help people live in their own home as long as possible.
As an Aspirus team, we demonstrate caring, we plan to impact the future, work with happiness and enthusiasm, recognize our power to make a difference and improve the health of our communities.
Click here to learn more about the Keweenaw Peninsula