NUTRITIONAL SERVICES COOK
Aspirus Extended Services Inc
Work Hours: 11:30A-6P and 6A - 2P
For a 3rd year in a row, Aspirus has been recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a NUTRITION SERVICES COOK/AIDE for Aspirus Pleasant View in Phillips, WI.
The Nutritional Services Cook provides food and nutritional services meeting the nutritional and therapeutic needs of residents and patients within and outside of the community. Provides food services in a sanitary and safe environment that will meet and/or exceed the standards of regulating agencies.
* Knowledge of food preparation standards and practices normally acquired through completion of a High School diploma, GED, or equivalent combination of education and experience desired. Extended courses or degree in Food and Nutrition desired. Certificate in Food Service desired.
* One year or more cooking experience preferred, preferably in a healthcare setting.
* Possesses oral and written communication skills that enable the individual to comprehend and perform the job duties error free and in allotted time. Must be able to work within time limits for specific tasks. Good memorization skills are necessary.
* Possesses ability to work in close quarters with others.
* Must be willing to be a team worker (job requires working closely with co-workers).
* Knowledge of measurements (e.g., tsp, tbsp, cups, quarts) and various cooking methods is essential.
* Ability to read, understand and follow standardized recipes.
Hours: This position is full time; 0.8 FTE or 64 hours per pay period. Full time benefits package available.
As an Aspirus team, we demonstrate caring, we plan to impact the future, work with happiness and enthusiasm, recognize our power to make a difference and improve the health of our communities.