Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant - Full Time - RCC Clinic
Aspirus Divine Savior Healthcare
520100-CLINIC OPS PORTAGE CLINIC
Work Hours: 10:00am-7:00pm; rotating weekend schedule
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attends patients to obtain a personal medical history, performs an appropriate physical examination, and records and presents pertinent data to the supervising physician.
- Instructs and counsels patients on physical and mental health, including diet, disease, treatment and normal growth and development. Provides patient and family education
- Obtains, evaluates, interprets lab results, and other routine diagnostic studies as appropriate. Provides follow-up with supervising physician and patients as needed.
- Prepares written prescription orders for drugs in accordance with specified procedures.
- Documents in medical record, patient care to include, but not limited to, vital signs, current medications, allergies, compliance and response to treatment, and significant medical history.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Degree from an accredited Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner program.
- Current Wisconsin license as a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner.
- Current American Heart Association BLS or American Red Cross CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and
- Health Care Providers Certification. Non-certified employees must attain certification within 60 days of employment in position.
- Reports directly to the supervising physician, Clinic Director and Clinic Supervisor.
- Works directly with physicians and nursing staff.
- Occasional contact with staff from other patient care departments.
- Extensive contact with patients.
- Regular contact with families.
- Occasional contact with the public.
- Work is performed largely in a pleasant hospital environment.
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts, has risk of electrical shock and radiation
- Occasionally work in outside weather conditions, wet/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals
- Regular exposure to hazardous material such as needle punctures, blood and body fluids.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Occasionally required to sit or climb.
- Required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of department supplies and equipment.
- Occasionally may need to move patients and/or equipment of more than 100 pounds.
- Requires specific vision abilities for far vision, near vision, depth perception, colors, accommodation and peripheral vision.
- Vision correctable to 20/40.