Medical Assistant Coordinator - Antigo, WI
Aspirus Langlade Hospital
020420-ANTIGO - NURSING
Work Hours: 80 hours in a 2-week pay period
For a 3rd year in a row, Aspirus has been recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a Certified Medical Assistant Coordinator for Aspirus Antigo, Birnamwood, and Elcho Clinics. Provides day-to-day coordination and oversight of the Medical Assistant staff. Ensures that staff greets, registers, assists, and provides care to our patients in a professional and service-driven manner. Patient care/Medical Assistant duties as appropriate. Provides assistance and support to the Manager, Clinics and collaborates with key Directors, Managers and Supervisors in clinic settings and other departments as appropriate.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the delivery of outpatient clinic health care
- Staff scheduling and coordination
- Onboarding of new Medical Assistant staff members
- Maintaining clinical records and documentation
- Working well in a team environment putting patient safety first
- Collaborating with Nurses and patient care staff
- Carries out assigned patient care activities
- Ability to make decisions consistent with clinic policies and the strict observance to confidentiality
- Knowledge of office procedures normally acquired through completion of a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent combination of educational experience.
- Knowledge of patient care standards and practices normally acquired through graduation of an accredited MA program.
- One-three years of healthcare/medical experience preferred
- Computer experience and basic keyboarding skills required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology desirable.
- Current CPR certification or obtained within 60 days of hire " Required
Hours: Full-time benefit package available. 80 hours in a 2-week period.
As an Aspirus team, we demonstrate caring, we plan to impact the future, work with happiness and enthusiasm, recognize our power to make a difference and improve the health of our communities.
Link: Antigo, Wisconsin