Medical Assistant (CMA or RMA) - Part Time Days - Surgical Associates
Aspirus Divine Savior Healthcare
630100-CLINIC OPS SURG ASSOCIATES
Work Hours: 8:00am-4:30pm; 3 days per week
Shifts: Day Shift
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides primary health care services to patient; assists with various procedures; assures that physician's patient schedule flows smoothly and efficiently on a daily basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares patient for physician exam by taking blood pressure, temperature, weight, height, and updating patient chart with current health information.
- Assists physician in examination, diagnosis, and treatment of patient.
- Schedules patient testing with appropriate departments and hospital admissions. Prepares and orders diagnostic tests including x-rays, electrocardiograms, and laboratory tests according to physician orders and
informs patient with instructions and follow-up.
- Prepares and administers medication and immunizations as prescribed by physician and according to state and federal regulations.
- Takes phone calls from patients seeking medical advice, consults with physician for care instructions and calls patient with follow-up information.
- Documents according to established standards.
- Assures rooms are adequately supplied and cleaned after each patient; puts equipment away after each procedure; puts biohazardous material in proper waste containers. Cleans and prepares instruments for sterilization in surgery department.
- Maintains and restocks medications and medical supplies. Orders medications and supplies as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned or as opportunities arise.
- Degree from an accredited Medical Assistant program.
- Current Medical Assistant certification or with 6 months of employment.
- Reports directly to the Clinic Director and Clinic Supervisor.
- Works directly with physicians and nursing staff.
- Occasional contact with staff from other patient care departments.
- Extensive contact with patients.
- Regular contact with families.
- Occasional contact with the public.
- Work is performed largely in a pleasant hospital environment.
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts, has risk of electrical shock and radiation
- Occasionally work in outside weather conditions, wet/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals
- Regular exposure to hazardous material such as needle punctures, blood and body fluids.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.