POSITION SUMMARY: Performs disinfection/cleaning in specialized patient/resident care and public areas in the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs sanitizing and disinfecting work throughout specialized departments in the hospital, Tivoli and clinics.
- Must stay current and knowledgeable on disinfection practices and infection control requirements by following DSH standards and techniques for infection reduction.
- Performs general cleaning tasks such as but not limited to trash/recycling/biohazard removal, dusting, wet wiping, glass cleaning, vacuuming, spotting, polishing and mopping.
- Adds and performs sections of "Detail Cleaning" such as wiping walls, ceiling vents, high/low dusting, wiping furniture, edge vacuuming and baseboard cleaning.
- Performs basic/intermediate equipment care, checks for wear and damage on assigned equipment and reports problems immediately. Will use equipment such as but not limited to vacuums, auto scrubbers, wet vacuums, swing scrubbers, high speed floor polishers, box carpet extractors, auto extractors, pole scrubbers, steam cleaners and various floor pads.
- Complies with department Quality Control Reports and makes corrections to work quality quickly.
- Performs deep extraction and light extraction carpet cleaning, hard floor polishing, hard floor stripping and re-finishing. Must stay current and knowledgeable on Carpet Care and Hard Floor Maintenance by following
- ESD standards and methods defined in the department employee resource manual.
- Observes and inspects assigned areas for maintenance and security needs and reports needed repairs as soon as possible.
- Keeps paper and chemical supplies stored in work rooms neat and organized. Keeps Housekeeping cart clean and stocked.
- Follows the rules and intent of the department's regulations and safety guidelines.
- Periodically will participate in meeting room set-ups for events, setting up tables, chairs and various items.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Reports directly to the Housekeeping Supervisor and Environmental Services Director.
Works closely with nursing, patients and residents.
Works regularly with other members of Environmental Services staff.
Occasional contact with staff in all departments of the organization.
Work is performed largely in a pleasant hospital or extended care environment with minimal chance for personal injury.
Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in high, precarious places.
Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock and vibration.
Occasionally has the potential of exposure to blood and body fluids.
It is an expectation of this position that Standard and Transmission-based Isolation precautions will be followed along with appropriate use of personal protective equipment.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel or crouch.
Occasionally required to sit or climb.
Required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
Frequently required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of department supplies and equipment.
Occasionally may need to move supplies or equipment over 75 pounds.
Requires specific vision abilities for far vision, near vision, depth perception, colors, accommodation and peripheral vision.
Vision correctable to 20/40.
Acknowledgement: This job description/evaluation describes the general nature and level of work performed by an employee assigned to this position. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the job. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by the department manager or administration. All requirements are subject to change over time and to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.