1. Provides a warm and friendly greeting to patients, caregivers and guests upon arrival.
2. Answers the telephone and responds to requests promptly and courteously, taking messages accurately to assure proper handoff communication.
3. Assists with individual department operations on a day to day basis to support the patient care experience.
4. Successfully operates all types of communication and office equipment
5. Accurately directs or assists visitors throughout the organization. This involves accessing patient room lists, RoomBooking System for meeting locations, having full knowledge of facility layout, services and staff members
6. Checks in visitors and vendors, as appropriate with VendorMate.
7. Coordinates delivery of flowers, gifts, etc to the appropriate location and person in a timely manner
8. Assists patients with understanding MyCare Portal and coordinating the secure patient sign up process with interested parties.
9. Some cross coverage for switchboard paging duties, switchboard call logging procedures
10. Performs various registration support functions including scanning of confidential documents, insurance portal documentation reviews
11. Performs Master Patient Index patient merges ensuring data integrity
12. Enters various charges into EMR systems in an accurate way
13. Performs other duties as assigned including special projects
14. Models the Divine Service Standards in all interactions and activities.
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) preferred
Accurately operates a computer, printer, copier, fax machine and telephone
Reports directly to the Director (and Supervisor when applicable) of the department.
Works closely with all other departmental staff.
Extensive contact with patients, caregivers and family members.
Frequent contact with physicians, nursing staff and community support agencies.
Regular contact with health information personnel.
Occasional contact with environmental services and purchasing personnel, vendors, general public, civic organization, insurance carriers and patients' employers.
Work is performed largely in a pleasant clinic setting with minimal chance for personal injury.
Minimal exposure to hazardous material and blood and body fluids.
The noise level in the work environment is usually low
Frequently required to sit, stand or walk.
Occasionally required to kneel, crouch or climb.
Required to uses hands to write, use computer or other equipment or controls
Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25- 50 pounds of department supplies and equipment.
Occasionally may need to move patients and/or equipment exceeding 100 pounds.
Requires specific vision abilities for far vision, near vision, depth perception, colors, accommodation and peripheral vision.
Vision correctable to 20/40.
Acknowledgement: This job description/evaluation describes the general nature and level of work performed by an employee assigned to this position. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the job. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by the department manager or administration. All requirements are subject to change over time and to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.